• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

I can't say I have much sympathy for Rosenstein and other enablers Trump and his cronies are throwing under the bus.

This should be an impeachable offense right (provided Congress actually had a backbone)? You can't just ignore a law?

There’s an “if” clause that the WH is invoking. It’s their get (the Russians) out of jail free card.

No doubt.

Our enemies are laughing and rejoicing. Some of them congratulating themselves.

Our friends are nervously watching, wondering for how long will this Trump/Pub debacle go on before collapsing in infamy. And what in the world comes after.

Rubes wanted someone who hates government and they got it.

Team Trump Just Blew Its Cover

"Last weekend, Assange took to Twitter, where he direct-messaged his friend Sean Hannity, the Fox News star, telling him that he had “some news about Warner”—an apparent reference to Sen. Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate intelligence committee and a prominent Trump critic—and they needed to communicate in “other channels.” Except Assange didn’t message Hannity, rather a woman in Texas with a similar Twitter handle to Hannity. Aside from being an amusing mistake by an alleged cyber-guru, Assange’s misstep reveals some important facts.

Sean Hannity has never hidden his relationship with Assange, whom he admires, but this mistake demonstrates that the men have been in regular contact, exchanging dirt on President Trump’s enemies. Given Hannity’s role as a top media booster of Team Trump, this merits scrutiny. Moreover, Hannity and Assange have been in touch frequently enough that Assange could refer to “other channels” of communication without further explanation. In other words, this is a clandestine relationship, as spies worldwide would call it.

This is no small matter, since Assange’s ties to the Kremlin—which I’ve been pointing out for years—are now commonly understood. WikiLeaks has been termed “ a hostile intelligence service” by none other than Mike Pompeo, Trump’s own CIA director. Pompeo added that WikiLeaks enjoys a standing clandestine relationship with Russian military intelligence or GRU, including working together in the dump of hacked Democratic National Committee emails in the summer of 2016, as I reported at the time.

Given this, we need to ask questions about Hannity’s relationship with the Kremlin, considering his track record of pushing rancid Russian disinformation on his Fox News program. Hannity is a propagandist, not a journalist, by his own admission, but if he has served as a witting conduit for lies crafted by Russian spies, Fox News needs to explain why they are airing Kremlin Active Measures aimed at the American public and calling it “news.” Intelligence Community friends have told me that Sean Hannity has been under counterintelligence investigation for some time, based on his clandestine ties to Moscow. Now we know why."

http://observer.com/2018/01/sanctio...ties-to-russia/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"CIA directors regularly meet and hold talks with their Russian counterparts on a variety of issues. But veteran and retired U.S. intelligence officers said the presence of all three Russian officials in Washington at the same time, and at a time of intense scrutiny over Russia’s alleged interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign, is highly unusual.

“I can’t recall any time in the last 15 years” that all three Russian agency chiefs were in the U.S. capital at the same time, Steven Hall, a former CIA station chief in Moscow, told RFE/RL. “It’s highly unusual.”

During his tenure, Hall said, it was always a big deal, politically and logistically, whenever a senior Russian intelligence officer got in to see an American counterpart, giving Moscow a way, he said, to assert they were on equal footing with the United States."

Back