• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

If it’s not corruption, it’s incompetence.

i don't know why anyone uses twitter. people hate on facebook but twitter is just as bad

At least on Twitter you have the opportunity to hear from experts and professionals if you choose. It's pretty easy to filter out the crazy uncle/Russian bot elements.

Twitter is great. There is little to no pressure to follow acquaintances from high school or your uncle that you really don’t care to hear from so you have much more control over curating your feed. There is really no pretense that you are using it as a mini blog to update your followers about your life. I am part of a really supportive and interesting ecology and ornithology twitter community and it is extremely rare that I get a negative or crazy response or have something distasteful show up in my feed.

I also follow a few Wake related accounts and musicians and comedians who sometimes get political...But the bulk of my content is science and conservation related and I curated it that way to keep my entertained and connected.

Also this:

Maybe people suck.

we have a winner!

congrats PhDeac, let's see what you have won...

cdbc486d004e6dacf2326349a07ad516.jpg

If your Facebook sucks it’s because your people suck.

I like Facebook because it’s an easy way to keep in touch with people I probably would have forgotten otherwise.

I’ve gotten to be friends online with people I didn’t know that well in person.

I needed to get back cover quotes for my new book and I didn’t want to get local people. I asked online and two old friends volunteered. One was a woman I knew at Wake. When I moved to Tampa, I briefly dated a woman who had been her best friend from HS. Years later, I became Facebook friends with the woman I dated and then reconnected with the Wake friend as mutual friends. She helped me out with the quote and I did a podcast for her.

Yeah. Pathetic. They were the last line of defense for our democracy and they folded. Risk? What risk? That the person they were investigating would fire them for doing their job? I’m grateful for so many people with more guts than that who paved the way for so many others in our history.

Here's another one for all you credulous Russia Hoaxers, especially NewEnglandFail:

An FBI official who served on Robert Mueller’s team said he believed the special counsel’s prosecution of former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn was part of an attitude to “get Trump,” and that he did not wish to pursue a Trump-Russia collusion investigation as it was “not there" and considered it to be a "dead end."

FBI agent William J. Barnett made the comments during an interview on Sept. 17 at the Justice Department, before Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri Jeffrey Jensen, who was tapped by Attorney General Bill Barr to review the case against Flynn. Jensen has joined U.S. Attorney John Durham’s team in his review of the origins of the Trump-Russia probe. Those comments have surfaced in new government documents.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fb...-get-trump-says-collusion-probe-was-not-there

Yeah, I know people rallied around Mueller because he was the only hope to do the right thing, but he is a Republican, so underneath it all he is a coward who worships the throne and sucks at the teet of power. We're seeing they are all the same underneath.

this report will come out one day I'm sure. The Horowitz Report was supposed to deliver the goods, failed, but not to worry, the Durham Report is the real one since it'll cause heads to roll. Conservative media keeps expressing how disappointed they are that indictments haven't come out yet.

Back