• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Thread about the Concert You Just Saw

CantStandYa

Reaction score
We have one of these for TV and one for movies, so why not one for concerts and live shows?

I saw Fitz & the Tantrums with the wife recently - not generally my favorite style of music, but they put on one hell of a show and have some damn catchy songs.

Last concert I went to was actually a music fest a friend hosted in Denver - 100 bands over 2 days. Saw some really great local bands.

Earlier this month I saw Sturgill Simpson who rocked my fucking face off. Probably one of the top 5 shows I've ever been too. I've waited a long time to see him too because the timing hasn't worked out in the past.

Other shows of note from this summer:
Avett Brothers w/ J Mascis (Red Rocks - Avett Brothers are always great)
Trampled by Turtles (Red Rocks - great show, but their energy didn't translate as well in a bigger venue for me as it did when I've seen them play smaller clubs)
Journey & the Doobie Brothers (Pepsi Center - wife's pick. Better show than I expected)
Rich Robinson & Luther Dickinson (Bluebird Theater - fantastic live show)
Leon Bridges (The Fillmore - good show, but short since he doesn't have a lot of material)

Jonny Lang this past Saturday at Cone Denim Entertainment Center. Amazing show!

David Bromberg at the Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago. Great venue, show was terrific and his band was tight.

Garrison Keillor at the Paramount Theater in Aurora IL. - Hilarious and heart-warming storytelling. Took my 77 yo mom

Wife and I saw Band of Horses at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago last week. I love Band of Horses probably more than I should, but it was an awesome show and we loved the venue (after having heard mixed reviews).

This summer, also saw Steely Dan at Northerly Island, which was great but I was too drunk, and GNR at Soldier Field, which ruled.

Greensky Bluegrass last month to kickstart the 2nd part of their fall tour. They were fantastic, really fun show. The light show was especially great.

PUP last week and Last Waltz Revisited...I fucking love Denver

Steven Wilson. Amazing as always. Dude brought it with Porcupine Tree and brings it solo. Sprawling 3 hour show with good banter in between about every 2-3 songs (15-20 min in his case).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back