• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saw The Highwaymen the other night and really liked it. But man, Costner and Woody are defs looking old.

Saw The Favourite last night and also really enjoyed it. Thought it was a pretty interesting look at what life at Court was like 300 years ago.

Call me dumb, but I didn't realize how brutal Bonnie and Clyde were. I guess I sort of thought of them as just bank robbers. But they mowed anybody down that got in their way, and several that didn't.

Call me dumb, but I didn't realize how brutal Bonnie and Clyde were. I guess I sort of thought of them as just bank robbers. But they mowed anybody down that got in their way, and several that didn't.

I had the same thought when I watched it.
And it's crazy that they actually did tow the bullet riddled car through town with their bodies still inside

Criterion Channel started up yesterday. Catalogue is just amazing. I don't know where to begin.

A few movies from the last few days:

Triple Frontier: Great cast, but the story is pretty uneven and the suspension of disbelief is pretty difficult at times (really? You're carrying how much weight ACROSS THE ANDES?!). Happy to see Javi Peña from Narcos getting more work.

Deadpool 2: pretty much what you would expect and, as such, pretty enjoyable. Brolin is a nice addition to the franchise. Should be interesting to see what they can and cannot pull off with the Disney purchase of Fox assets.

Bohemian Rhapsody: I really enjoyed this one as well, although having read up a bit on it afterward, some of the "artistic" license choices they made were unfortunate. No surprise at all that Malek won the AA given how much he immersed himself in the character. Also, whoever they got to play Brian May looks EXACTLY like him. Really fun to see the recreation of the Live Aid show along with other elements of how certain songs were developed (even if it wasn't entirely true).

First Man is very good. Thought it would be a 'The Right Stuff' remake, but while that movie had an almost documentary quality to it, this one really tells an intimate, deeply personal story of the trials and tribulations of Armstrong and his family. Pretty good stuff.

I finally saw Hotel Mumbai.

The feel good movie of the year.

NOT! (haha)

But seriously, it's a good movie, was a liiiitle heavy handed about some things that I doubt happened in the actual event, but maybe it did (specifically the white lady freaking out about a Sikh, which obviously is a thing that happens and has happened and will continue to happen, but it feels like it was added to just say "Sikhs aren't Muslims".

This happened while I was living as an expat in India (though not Mumbai), so it particularly struck a nerve for me.

First Man is very good. Thought it would be a 'The Right Stuff' remake, but while that movie had an almost documentary quality to it, this one really tells an intimate, deeply personal story of the trials and tribulations of Armstrong and his family. Pretty good stuff.

I don't know why this one didn't get more love last year. I assume because it painted Armstrong as a complicated dude, warts and all?

If you haven't already seen Apollo 11, that's a good follow-up to First Man.

Yeah I saw some criticism at one point that people were mad that there wasnt a scene showing him actually plant the American flag (there were lots of shots the flag), but it wasnt about the space program, it was about this dude living his life. People are so dumb.

Tried to watch First Man on the plane, but the connection was all glitchy and janky so had to bail. Maybe on the way back.

Tried to watch First Man on the plane, but the connection was all glitchy and janky so had to bail. Maybe on the way back.

First Man was better than any of the other nominated movies, but Armstrong was neither gay nor black, so no nods. The best part about it wasn’t the story, though, but the theater sound experience. You could hear the rattling of bolts and metal and it made you wonder how in the hell they ever got into space, much less the moon.

Oh and I thought Highwaymen was good. Not great, but good. It is maybe the second movie Costner has made where I can’t complain about his acting (the other being Perfect World).

Agree that Aquaman kind of sucked. It was basically Water Thor without any of the charm. Fight scenes were too long, if that’s even possible.

I'm still looking forward to the Little Richard space movie.

Back