• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Well, I hated Mad Max. I must be missing something, I thought it was terrible.

Wow, you are quite literally the very first person I've heard say a single negative thing about it. (except for whatever poster it was that didn't like the guitar-flame guy).

I haven't yet read your reasons though because I haven't seen it and don't want to be spoiled.

Yeah, actually I thought the guitar flame guy was the best part, not Charlize, I amend my previous statement. I just couldn't get attached to anything up on the screen -- not any sort of technical appreciation, not the insanity, not the performances, it just didn't click for me. S'cool though, glad others are enjoying the ride.

I just watched Guardians of the Galaxy for probably the 20th time on Starz - its still good.

I also watched Monty Python and the Meaning of Life - for some reason it was much less funny than I remember, maybe Monty Python's humor has an inverse relation with age.

I just watched Guardians of the Galaxy for probably the 20th time on Starz - its still good.

I also watched Monty Python and the Meaning of Life - for some reason it was much less funny than I remember, maybe Monty Python's humor has an inverse relation with age.

Meaning Of Life has always been hit and miss. It has some really funny skits, and some really meh ones. It's kind of like watching 2 hours of SNL.

Jurassic World is hilariously predictable, and pretty damn fun to watch. Especially with kids.

For a Jurassic movie, I adjust my expectations accordingly to just want dinosaurs doing dinosauring and a not too insulting story/plot/characters. The movie did deliver dinosaurs at least. "Predictable" is the kindest word I can find for the non-effects aspect of the movie.

For a Jurassic movie, I adjust my expectations accordingly to just want dinosaurs doing dinosauring and a not too insulting story/plot/characters. The movie did deliver dinosaurs at least. "Predictable" is the kindest word I can find for the non-effects aspect of the movie.

Even my 8 year old knew what was coming out of paddock 9.

My expectations were very low.

If the Winston Grande is any indication, Jurassic World is going to make a lot of money

I finally got around to watching Boyhood. I think the critics loved it more for the idea than the execution. As a movie, I found it to be pretty meh. The kid was pretty great, though, as were Arquette and Hawke.

I finally got around to watching Boyhood. I think the critics loved it more for the idea than the execution. As a movie, I found it to be pretty meh. The kid was pretty great, though, as were Arquette and Hawke.
So you loved the idea and thought the 3 main characters were pretty great

I'm going to see Juraissic World today because it's 100 degrees outside and my kids can't go see any of the ten other movies I'd rather see.

So you loved the idea and thought the 3 main characters were pretty great

I didn't love the idea, but I thought it was intriguing and novel. In the end, it comes off as a mundane fictional documentary about not a whole lot in particular.

And I thought their acting performances were pretty great, not the characters themselves. The boy really surprised me. The tangential characters like his girlfriend came off like Mitch Kramer in Dazed and Confused.

Last edited:
Jurassic World: 'Jurassic Park' Sequel Sets Global Record With $511 Million Opening Weekend. The film also earned the second best all-time U.S. opening with an estimated $207.4 million, behind 2012's "The Avengers."

I didn't love the idea, but I thought it was intriguing and novel. In the end, it comes off as a mundane fictional documentary about not a whole lot in particular.

And I thought their acting performances were pretty great, not the characters themselves. The boy really surprised me. The tangential characters like his girlfriend came off like Mitch Kramer in Dazed and Confused.
If it was less hyped, then do you think you would have enjoyed it more? Seems like a weird reason to dislike something you liked, but to each his own.

Back