• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Spectre - Thought it was decent enough. Not awesome, not horrible. I at least thought it was entertaining enough to warrant seeing.

Trainwreck - Pretty funny. Worth a watch.

San Andreas - LOLbad, but entertaining. Worth a watch if you like a action-packed, ridiculously unbelievable schlockfest.

Man From UNCLE - got too drunk, don't remember it.

Caught Spotlight over the weekend. Great pacing, terrific cast, excellent story-telling. Can't recommend it enough.

Really enjoyed Kingsman but had issues with the Blu Ray sound where dialog was nearly silent and everything else incredibly loud.

Caught the end last night on HBO and didn't seem to have the same issues so I'll probably need to rewatch from the beginning.

Saw Creed yesterday - absolutely solid. It's a Rocky movie for 2015 in every way possible. Sly and MBJ are both great and don't try (or need to) do too much.

Still haven't seen Creed yet. Not sure why, but it just occurred to me that Creed and The Force Awakens are essentially trying to do the same thing with respect to the source material.

Be the 7th movie in a beloved series that started in the 70s to much acclaim.

Bring back the lead actor(s) and pass the torch to a new generation.

Introduce the franchise to a new generation of fans.

And yes, make tons of $$$.

Why? It's gotten great reviews.

You're one of few people who think that. The trailers got a lot of love and it's at 92% on Rotten Tomatoes. It's considered the best Rocky movie since the Oscar winning original.

Be the 7th movie in a beloved series that started in the 70s to much acclaim.

Bring back the lead actor(s) and pass the torch to a new generation.

Introduce the franchise to a new generation of fans.

And yes, make tons of $$$.

Also "Be More Black". Duh.

Saw Ted 2 last night and it generally sucked, but had some great cameos and a few great one liners. Laughed really hard about four times. Nothing tied it together though. It was a long, mediocre Family Guy episode.

I just got back from Spotlight. Right now I'm thinking it's the best film I've seen in 2015. It's great storytelling enacted by a fantastic ensemble. See it!

Back