• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saw Spectre over the weekend. It was decent, though underwhelming.

Wifey and I have been catching up on all of the classic movies we never watched. Finished Philadelphia Story last night. Good flick, but there's something about Jimmy Stewart that bugs the shit out of me. Cary Grant was a pimp tho.

My friend and I both really enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane. I liked the end, but I also think the movie would have been good without it.

So I can check out three dvds at a time from the library here, and I'm going with the Dr. Mabuse and Night of the Hunter. Any good suggestions to add that might complement those two?

ETA -- think I might go with Bridge of Spies as a change of pace and since I haven't seen it yet. I also just dig spies, spying, and spy shit.

Last edited:
Watched "The Enemy Below" the other night on a rec. from my dad.

Pretty cool if simple WWII move. The classic "submarine battle" movie/story.

latest

So I can check out three dvds at a time from the library here, and I'm going with the Dr. Mabuse and Night of the Hunter. Any good suggestions to add that might complement those two?

ETA -- think I might go with Bridge of Spies as a change of pace and since I haven't seen it yet. I also just dig spies, spying, and spy shit.

Just FYI - Bridge of Spies is less about spying and more about Tom Hanks negotiating.

Just FYI - Bridge of Spies is less about spying and more about Tom Hanks negotiating.

Good, not great movie. Did not get why Rylance got the Oscar. He was fine, but didn't blow me away.

Watched Perks of Being a Wallflower -- surprisingly good, except for Emma Watson's American accent.

Also watched the new Kenneth Branaugh Cinderella with the kids. Really well done.

Finally saw Good Night, and Good Luck last night. Can't believe I hadn't seen it before. Thought it was great.

Night Of The Hunter was pretty wild. It took me a beat to get into the mood it was going for, but it was a fun ride.

I thought Vacation was actually pretty damn good, especially given my low expectations.

Wifey and I have been catching up on all of the classic movies we never watched. Finished Philadelphia Story last night. Good flick, but there's something about Jimmy Stewart that bugs the shit out of me. Cary Grant was a pimp tho.

I hate RomComs, but that one sets the standard. Just wicked and witty dialogue all the way through.

If you've never seen "It Happened One Night", you should check it out.

That one is on our list. We have some friends that are big into classic movies and they've given us a pretty big list of things we have to watch. I think His Girl Friday is on tap for tonight.

That one is on our list. We have some friends that are big into classic movies and they've given us a pretty big list of things we have to watch. I think His Girl Friday is on tap for tonight.

His Girl Friday is good.

Back