• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump: Dems favorability down to 31%! All time low! Sad!

Why say stuff like this? You have no idea what people are going to do. Democrats should be congratulating conservatives who were willing to vote on principle, even if just once. Stop being so condescending.

This.

Also many of us voted for Hillary in 2016 and a lot of us have no problems voting for Dems in 2018. I for one am energized to support Dems and Independents (depending on the race). The GOP needs to sit in timeout for at least a few cycles and think about what they've done. If they want to act like petulant children instead of adults then voters need to treat them like children.

I'll give #NeverTrump more credit if they actually run someone in the primary.

Primaries. Is #NeverTrump going to try to take back the party or just weather the Trump era?

Primaries. Is #NeverTrump going to try to take back the party or just weather the Trump era?

I honestly don't think they know how. Frankenstein (McConnell) has lost control of his monster (what used to be Tea Party members, now Trumpers). It's what happens when you spend 8 straight years stamping your feet and riling up a populist, government hating regime, then try to say "Wait, Republican government isn't bad."

It's going to be a very delicate, slow process for the Republicans to compromise with the radicals they have created in the hopes of steering them back to some sort of normalcy. Unfortunately, when you elect officials using a blanket slogan like "NOBAMA!", it's hard to find representatives that understand compromise and nuance. It's the exact reason why I don't want the Democrats falling into a "Never Trump" rut. We have to see past that trap and not elect officials based on a promise to vote 100% against Trump, and find leaders who are capable of deducing what is best for the country given the climate.

Last edited:

It's a good question and one I think we are all still struggling with. Max Boot was on NPR last night talking about this. Do you fight to take back the party through primaries or say fuck it...the party and brand are irredeemable and form a new centrist party or a coalition with Democrats? There are significant risks and opportunities to either option. Right now I am in the camp of saying fuck it and forming a coalition with Democrats. I personally don't care about the minutiae of policy differences right now...need to protect our underlying institutions first and foremost. Without them, things like tax and environmental policy won't really matter.

Gotta get back to the bomb cyclone outside my house but will try to swing back later and share more thoughts.

I honestly don't think they know how. Frankenstein (McConnell) has lost control of his monster (what used to be Tea Party members, now Trumpers). It's what happens when you spend 8 straight years stamping your feet and riling up a populist, government hating regime, then try to say "Wait, Republican government isn't bad."

It's going to be a very delicate, slow process for the Republicans to compromise with the radicals they have created in the hopes of steering them back to some sort of normalcy. Unfortunately, when you elect officials using a blanket slogan like "NOBAMA!", it's hard to find representatives that understand compromise and nuance. It's the exact reason why I don't want the Democrats falling into a "Never Trump" rut. We have to see past that trap and not elect officials based on a promise to vote 100% against Trump, and find leaders who are capable of deducing what is best for the country given the climate.

This is a good post. Running against Trump should definitely be a part of their message but it should be one tool in the toolbox...not the entire toolbox. I think the entire country is suffering from Trump fatigue and although you can't just ignore the stupid shit he does day in and day out...it is also very refreshing to hear actual thoughts policy.

Trump's desire to be the biggest attention whore in the history of the world will ultimately be his downfall (if the Russia probe doesn't get him first).

Last edited:
Just because people were #nevertrumpers doesn't mean they voted for Hillary. I'm not going to congratulate you for voting for Kasich or not voting at all and allowing this to happen, just like I'm not going to congratulate those on the left who vote for Bernie or Stein or took their ball and went home. There was no way this was not going to be a trainwreck and those who didn't do everything in their power to stop it from happening aren't getting a fucking cookie now from me (particularly where they appear to continue to not do everything in their power to stop it).

Just because people were #nevertrumpers doesn't mean they voted for Hillary. I'm not going to congratulate you for voting for Kasich or not voting at all and allowing this to happen, just like I'm not going to congratulate those on the left who vote for Bernie or Stein or took their ball and went home. There was no way this was not going to be a trainwreck and those who didn't do everything in their power to stop it from happening aren't getting a fucking cookie now from me (particularly where they appear to continue to not do everything in their power to stop it).

I completely agree. But there are also a lot of nevertrumpers (myself included) who voted for Hillary and have been screaming from the mountaintops for close to two years.

But again...totally agree. Especially when it comes to the nevertrumpers who voted for Johnson/Weld when polling had them at less than 5% support. I'm all for 3rd party candidates but don't waste a vote on a candidate who has zero chance when a dumb wannabe autocrat could get elected.

Honestly I think the only way #NeverTrumpers can win back the GOP is to let it crash and burn. They will have to lose many more elections before the rubes will admit that trump isn't the way. The first loss will just be blamed on the #DeepState #NeoCons #Cucks who didn't support their dear leader. Then when the next incarnation of trump loses, maybe they will start to come around.

Honestly I think the only way #NeverTrumpers can win back the GOP is to let it crash and burn. They will have to lose many more elections before the rubes will admit that trump isn't the way. The first loss will just be blamed on the #DeepState #NeoCons #Cucks who didn't support their dear leader. Then when the next incarnation of trump loses, maybe they will start to come around.

They will never learn that guys like Trump are not the way because guys like Trump never accept responsibility for their actions. Poorly educated and simple minded people tend to always blame their problems on someone or something else, so I think it's pointless to simply sit back and hope they see the error in their own ways.

The only way to fix it is through the long and strenuous process of improving education. Unfortunately we have a president who is making an entire generation question authority and those put in place to help guide our youth. If the government is so corrupt, then why not the education system? Why not just pull your kid out of school and teach them a trade? I hear that argument far too often in rural areas. And while I get that some people need the money right away, anyone who skips school or drops out likely misses the most important aspect of school: learning how to learn.

Last edited:
Not sure why #NeverTrump would take a victory lap. Who are their 2018 candidates running on opposing his agenda or impeachment? We know they’re not going to vote for Democrats.

"NeverMoore" got 8% of Republicans in Alabama, just sayin'.

And if you learn a trade, you just don't learn it once and then do it for the rest of your life. You have to keep learning so you can keep up with changing technology and practices.

And if you learn a trade, you just don't learn it once and then do it for the rest of your life. You have to keep learning so you can keep up with changing technology and practices.

Exactly. I think the problem is, if you drop out of school you will never get stretched to learn all of the subjects you, for whatever reason, consider boring. We all have subjects that we don't like. For instance, I was never good at History because I tried to simply memorize names and dates that I knew I would never use. But through learning history, your brain may get better at far more useful/transferable skills such as chronology and determining cause and effect. So if you aren't forced to learn things you aren't naturally inclined to learn, then you become very one dimensional. I think that helps explain the problem we're having today when blue collar jobs merge with technology.

Last edited:

I mean if Trump can be President, Oprah certainly could be. This golden globes speech is pretty remarkable.

I really hope I don't regret saying this but from the perspective of competence...one would be hard pressed to find someone more incompetent than Trump.

I do think there are people who can be more evil or do more destruction than Trump...that is possible.

Oprah is such a beast. Crushed that shit.

I mean if Trump can be President, Oprah certainly could be. This golden globes speech is pretty remarkable.

The two are hardly comparable except both being famous media personalities.

Back