• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Trump Swamp Thread: Still Corrupt as Fuck

What did Fannie and Freddie have to do with the Fed's interest rate policy that Palma claimed caused the Financial melt down?

All these explanations of the melt down conveniently leave out unchecked greed from wall street douche bags. Funny to see conservatives abandon the concept of personal responsibility when it come to filthy rich wall street types.

The repeal of the Glass Steagall Act was not a great thing in hindsight.

Pubs: lower taxes, less regulation--only solutions to any/every problem. Simple!

Except, of course, for a few pet social thingies that need some regulatin'.

Plumber quoted me a job on 4/27 for $1300.

Trump announced tariffs on 5/5.

Materials for the job on 6/3 had gone up $100 due to tariffs and despite what the President thinks, China did not pay that difference.

So Trump unilaterally imposed a 7.6% sales tax on my job.

Plumber quoted me a job on 4/27 for $1300.

Trump announced tariffs on 5/5.

Materials for the job on 6/3 had gone up $100 due to tariffs and despite what the President thinks, China did not pay that difference.

So Trump unilaterally imposed a 7.6% sales tax on my job.

Shoulda bought American.

It looks like Pelosi must be reading our boards. For more than a year, I've been saying I didn't want to see Trump impeach. I wanted to see him in jail. Today, it is reported that in a Dem House leadership meeting the Speaker said exactly that.

It looks like Pelosi must be reading our boards. For more than a year, I've been saying I didn't want to see Trump impeach. I wanted to see him in jail. Today, it is reported that in a Dem House leadership meeting the Speaker said exactly that.

aka Nancy playing politics instead of doing her Constitutional duty.

Her Constitutional duty is protect the Constitution for generations to come. Impeaching him with no chance for removal only helps to re-elect him. Have public hearings. Put a few more of his people in jail. Destroy his chances of being re-elected. Hell, she could call for a special session and impeach him after the election.

Her Constitutional duty is protect the Constitution for generations to come. Impeaching him with no chance for removal only helps to re-elect him. Have public hearings. Put a few more of his people in jail. Destroy his chances of being re-elected. Hell, she could call for a special session and impeach him after the election.

Nope. 95% of people haven't read the Mueller report. A months long trial will destroy him, plus force vulnerable Republicans to vote to acquit him in the face of overwhelming evidence of criminal activity.

No ones going to jail for refusing a subpoena. They are going to run out the clock with lawsuits. And then you'll get to the election with half the country thinking the Mueller report completely exonerated him.

Exactly. Given all the facts, if Pelosi doesn't think she can run an impeachment process that either convinces Senate Republicans to vote Trump out or damages Trump and the GOP with the voters for not doing so, she should resign. Doing nothing basically exonerates Trump.

Exactly. Given all the facts, if Pelosi doesn't think she can run an impeachment process that either convinces Senate Republicans to vote Trump out or damages Trump and the GOP with the voters for not doing so, she should resign. Doing nothing basically exonerates Trump.

"Nancy knows the truth -- this was a hoax all along" is what you'd hear

Nope. 95% of people haven't read the Mueller report. A months long trial will destroy him, plus force vulnerable Republicans to vote to acquit him in the face of overwhelming evidence of criminal activity.

No ones going to jail for refusing a subpoena. They are going to run out the clock with lawsuits. And then you'll get to the election with half the country thinking the Mueller report completely exonerated him.

It won't force them to do shit.

A month's long set of hearings in the House will allow McConnell to run out the clock.

The Rep Senators who are vulnerable are already vulnerable.

Trump to stay at Doonbeg, his money-losing golf course threatened by climate change

President Trump arrived at his golf course in Doonbeg, Ireland, on Wednesday for a two-night stay — pausing between official events in Europe to visit a business that has cost him $41 million and never reported turning a profit.

Trump, coming off an official state visit to Britain, landed at Shannon Airport in the west of Ireland and met briefly with Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar before flying to Doonbeg, about 40 miles away.

The Irish Times reported that Trump originally wanted to meet with Varadkar at his golf club, but Varadkar wanted to meet at another nearby hotel. The two leaders settled on an awkward compromise: the VIP lounge at the airport.

Trump will leave Doonbeg on Thursday, visiting France for D-Day commemorations. He will return to Doonbeg on Thursday night, before flying home Friday.

Despite the odd geography of that schedule — which requires flying hundreds of miles west to Ireland, then hundreds more miles back east to France — Trump said he stayed at Doonbeg for convenience.

It won't force them to do shit.

A month's long set of hearings in the House will allow McConnell to run out the clock.

The Rep Senators who are vulnerable are already vulnerable.

So they will vote to impeach? Naaaaah.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/can-senate-decline-try-impeachment-case

The Constitution does not by its express terms direct the Senate to try an impeachment. In fact, it confers on the Senate "the sole power to try,” which is a conferral of exclusive constitutional authority and not a procedural command. The Constitution couches the power to impeach in the same terms: it is the House’s “sole power.” The House may choose to impeach or not, and one can imagine an argument that the Senate is just as free, in the exercise of its own “sole power,” to decline to try any impeachment that the House elects to vote.

There won't be a trial in the Senate before the election. Further, there wouldn't be 20 Senate GOP votes to remove him.

Give him a thousand cuts. Let him bleed to death between now and the election.

The Dems need to spend at least the entire summer teaching the public what they are doing before starting impeachment.

I want Trump and all of his lackeys asses in jail and not pardoned by President Pence.

Back