• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

That is wild. Greggg and Marsch are going to make this so personal. Get your popcorn.

If you could flip Gregg for Jesse, would you do it? I personally don't think Jesse's system would be great for the USMNT, but Gregg sucks.

If you could flip Gregg for Jesse, would you do it? I personally don't think Jesse's system would be great for the USMNT, but Gregg sucks.
I'd much prefer Jesse's style, but I don't see most of our attacking players buying into it.

Yes. Without a second thought. I actually think his system could work very well for qualifying, but it would get exposed badly against elite sides that can more effectively exploit the uncompressed side of the pitch. It's a rather simple system to out-talent.

But the vibes would be through the roof and Jesse can shithouse with the best of them. It would be worth it to watch him manage some random match in El Salvador and get into it with an opposing player. And he always has some folksy story ready to go in pressers, so he kind of reminds me of Forbes if he wore skinny jeans and could speak German.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Ethan Horvath (Cardiff City/WAL; 9/0), Sean Johnson (Toronto FC/CAN; 13/0), Matt Turner (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 39/0)

DEFENDERS (9): Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic/SCO; 16/0), Kristoffer Lund (Palermo/ITA; 3/0), Mark McKenzie (Genk/BEL; 13/0), Shaq Moore (Nashville SC; 18/1), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 56/1), Chris Richards (Crystal Palace/ENG; 16/1), Antonee Robinson (Fulham/ENG; 41/4), Miles Robinson (FC Cincinnati; 29/3), Joe Scally (Borussia Mönchengladbach/GER; 9/0)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Tyler Adams (Bournemouth/ENG; 38/2), Johnny Cardoso (Real Betis/ESP; 11/0), Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo/ESP; 20/0), Weston McKennie (Juventus/ITA; 51/11), Yunus Musah (AC Milan; ITA; 35/0), Gio Reyna (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 26/8), Malik Tillman (PSV Eindhoven/NED; 10/0), Timmy Tillman (LAFC; 1/0)

FORWARDS (7): Brenden Aaronson (Union Berlin/GER; 40/8), Folarin Balogun (Monaco/FRA; 10/3), Ricardo Pepi (PSV Eindhoven/NED; 23/10), Christian Pulisic (AC Milan/ITA; 66/28), Josh Sargent (Norwich City/ENG; 23/5), Tim Weah (Juventus/ITA; 37/5), Haji Wright (Coventry City/ENG; 9/4)

Not sure I get the inclusion of Tim Tillman and I don't love Shaq Moore, although who else do we have to provide depth at right back? Yedlin?

Tillman has been a big surprise to me this year in MLS. He's been one of the best players, though a strong supporting cast definitely helps with that as well.

Shaq Moore adds nothing, imo. I don't like Yedlin either but at least he has more experience.

Tillman has been a big surprise to me this year in MLS. He's been one of the best players, though a strong supporting cast definitely helps with that as well.

Shaq Moore adds nothing, imo. I don't like Yedlin either but at least he has more experience.
not really up on things -- who did folks want instead of Moore and Yedlin?

fullback seems pretty thin these days -- hopefully Moore never sees the field

Greggg noted that some players (Brian Reynolds, for example) are going to be heading to the Olympics where he believes they will receive more minutes and development. Zimmermann is likely to be an overage callin for it that as well.

Timmy Tillman is a bit of a head scratcher though. Alex Zendejas has been in great form, so I'm a little surprised he's not included in this callup.

Last edited:
Whoaaaaaaaa, buddy. If Twitter is to be believed, Michael Bradley is being considered for an assistant position under Marsch.

Whoaaaaaaaa, buddy. If Twitter is to be believed, Michael Bradley is being considered for an assistant position under Marsch.
May as well add Claudio Reyna if you really want to spice things up.

Back