• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake / Furman Game Thread...

Ugh. I try to give you the benefit of the doubt more often than not RJ, but sometimes you really show how impossible it is for you to admit when you're off base.

It was a close game against Furman for a while. You panicked. CJ got hot and you think he should just keep jacking 3's until he misses like it's AAU. You think we should ditch the gameplan of starting Moto and bench the kid because he struggled a little in the first half.

Instead we stuck with the gameplan, got our freshmen a ton of valuable minutes, and destroyed a horrible Furman team. Enjoy patting yourself on the back with your razor sharp critique's of [Redacted] during our first 20+ point win in years. Done with this argument. Good win Deacs. Let's get 2 more before Duke.

2-25-12 WF 85 - BC 56

Yes, this may be a turning point. Showing confidence individually and it seems like they are starting to get the system. A number of dishes for easy buckets - even though we didn't make them all. Maybe a little relief from the naysayers. We need Travis to get his stuff together! Maybe the competition from the hungry frosh will help. Well payed Deacs!

Hilarious how you tend to disappear for the losses.

Better 2nd half against a seriously undermanned Furman team. Especially after #43 got hurt. But dayum, we're gonna get killed in ACC play.

I haven't historically focused on Buzzdick's ties, but whatever the eff he was wearing tonight was god awful.

Ugh. I try to give you the benefit of the doubt more often than not RJ, but sometimes you really show how impossible it is for you to admit when you're off base.

It was a close game against Furman for a while. You panicked. CJ got hot and you think he should just keep jacking 3's until he misses like it's AAU. You think we should ditch the gameplan of starting Moto and bench the kid because he struggled a little in the first half.

OPnce again you couldn't be any more wrong CJ was getting his points within the system and wasn't jacking the up. It's called rewarding a player for playing well.

Instead we stuck with the gameplan, got our freshmen a ton of valuable minutes, and destroyed a horrible Furman team. Enjoy patting yourself on the back with your razor sharp critique's of [Redacted] during our first 20+ point win in years.

This has been your MO towards me this entire season.

Done with this argument. Good win Deacs. Let's get 2 more before Duke.

some improvement is better than no improvement.. i'm definitely buzz-out and promised i wouldn't attend another game this year b/c of the bullshit on the radio show(not allowing call-ins) but it's kinda sad not seeing anyone at the game.. I might have to break my promise and show up to a few more games.

Bzz postgame (or what I could get typed, Bzz a little more fired up than usual)

- three great days of practice
- working on being tough minded
- trying to get to where we can do what we wanted when we want to do it
- played relatively well in last few games but couldn't finish
- 'tree a unique kind of player doesn't need to score
- CMM 7 asst 1 to
- we need to get stronger around the rim
- everybody contributed
- we got the ball up and down the court well
- 14 fastbreak points
- you've got to read the eyes of the passer on the press, we should have had a few more steals on the press
- we've had 3 great long practices, my wife has nothing for me to do so I've got all day
- going to childrens hospital after practice and then having a team dinner
- we have big game at Greensboro, their record is not real good but they can score
- our defensive transition is going to need to be good
- they have a player that can really score

For all of Bzz's faults he's actually found a few players that can play defense.

One other thought, we've now got some of the players Skip always wanted/needed to press. Just ironic.

Fair comment, just have better things to do than argue with a bunch of angry pessimists (quoted poster excluded). I hope Washington can contribute this year. We need his length. I remain optimistic.

I wish you'd stick around but I can appreciate that.

One funny moment that I saw from Buzz.

When we got to 79 he commented to the ref that the fans wanted us to shoot a shot to get to 80. Thought that was clever that he knew about it and appreciated it. He gave a clapping signal and smiled when he held up his hands for no more shots.

1 for, 1000 against!

Isn't it Dominoes, pickup only, $3.99 for 80 points and $1.99 for 90 points?

Against the 320th best team in the country...

So you are saying that Jones and Rountree can't play defense? This isn't the first game they've showed up. I'd think that even the most bzzout would say those two guys play more defense than almost every player we've had since Josh graduated.

Trevis Simpson is the UNCG player who can "really score." He's a 6'4 SG/SF, athlete deluxe, deep range on his j, can get unconscious from the arc, tremendous leaper, but shot selection can be a little questionable. They have some decent 2 star type guards and a few shooters. The G is really weak in the post though. They have no bigs at all. Hopefully, Devin, Arnaud, and Travis can have their way in the paint.

Back