• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake / Tulane Game Thread

I can't tell if Wolford is not supposed to keep the ball on the "read option" calls, or if he just always chooses not to. Either way, all that play ends up being is a super slow developing running play where the RB usually has to deal with defenders in the backfield right after he gets the ball. Ultimately, if Wolford is not going to present a running option, then they need to totally scrap that play when he is in the game. It just ends up being a wasted play and drive killer.

I think those are delayed handoffs when he's in. if they're options, they're awful play calls IMO.

I can't tell if Wolford is not supposed to keep the ball on the "read option" calls, or if he just always chooses not to. Either way, all that play ends up being is a super slow developing running play where the RB usually has to deal with defenders in the backfield right after he gets the ball. Ultimately, if Wolford is not going to present a running option, then they need to totally scrap that play when he is in the game. It just ends up being a wasted play and drive killer.
Those plays never look smoothly executed with wolford at qb.

The App State drive was VERY impressive.

14-3 Mountaineers!!!

I don't mind switching QBs (though mid-series is stupid) as much as I mind not changing the offense based in the QB.

Those plays never look smoothly executed with wolford at qb.

Lol probably because they're not playing remotely to his strengths. Offense is clearly designed with a guy like Hinton in mind (again either by choice or necessity) but regardless of why - just play Hinton. The offense is better suited for him.

I don't mind switching QBs (though mid-series is stupid) as much as I mind not changing the offense based in the QB.

That's true. I think we're more likely to win with Hinton rather than Wolford but they're definitely similar enough to run the same offense.

Hinton only>Mostly Hinton, Wolford with less than 2 min in the half>Wolford Only>Alternating Drives>>>>>Alternating snaps.

Back