• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake v Nebraska ACC BIG TEN CHALLENGE

Guys did a good job of playing their role tonight, save Nikita and a few plays from Tony.

Tony's penetration got Chase several of his open looks as well as Carson's open three and Travis' layup in the last two minutes.

Yeah we are basically getting Zero from the 1 and the 4.

If CMM and Thomas/Rountree/Moto can give us any quality minutes (meaning that they have a pulse) we should be much improved.

I thought we played smart ball tonight. Didnt commit a foul until deep into the 2nd half. It worries me though that CJ and Travis disappear for long periods. This is their team, they need to take it by the reigns when we are in a lull.

Impressive that we got the win without spectacular overall performances by either of them.

They shared the ball well and didn't rush too many shots tonight. Much more focussed than last year.

Tony's penetration got Chase several of his open looks as well as Carson's open three and Travis' layup in the last two minutes.

He also forced too many lay-ups and was way out of place on defense a few times. Much better in the second half than the first. Did he sit out in the second half?

We're a couple of players from being good...

We have the ability to be a good offensive team now. We have guys who can get to the hoop, and we have guys who can hit the outside shot. The problem is our ball movement still needs to improve a lot so we can put the two together to stretch the defense. If that happens we will have the ability to challenge in most of our games. The problem is the lack of depth. We won't be able to keep up with some of the deeper teams we'll play.

If the guys we have can continue to improve until the end of the year, I'll feel a lot better about the future of the program with the guys we have coming in next year.

I think that win makes us 10-2 all time in the Challenge. Suck it, Big 10. Wake Forest owns you.

I think that win makes us 10-2 all time in the Challenge. Suck it, Big 10. Wake Forest owns you.

I'd settle for 9-3, or maybe even 8-4 if we won that Illinois game. Completely embarrassing.

NO, I'M STILL NOT OVER IT

We're a couple of players from being good...

soon.jpg

The biggest benefit that comes from this win, confidence.

I hope it's an actual benefit that leads to results...It might make our players feel better about the work they are putting in but there is a limit to what confidence does for athletes.

Back