• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake vs. UTEP Game Thread

CreamyGoodness

Thanks Creamy!
Reaction score
Deacs need to take care of business today at 1:30 to get the chance to play the defending natty champs tomorrow.

Anyone know if this game will be streaming anywhere for those of us at work?

Go Deacs

Against my better judgment, I just took the Deacs -10. Hoping to cash in on "TJDK" in the early part of this season.

WFU Gameday app is the bomb if y'all aren't already using it

Also, leaning to the WF side ATS. Would really like WF -10 based upon the TJDK theory with the following caveats:

- UTEP's PG Dominic Artis can play. He led Oregon to two NCAA bids, one Sweet 16 and 52 wins as a frosh and soph.
- WF shot 50% from 3 against Bucknell on 26 attempts; fear regression to the mean in the next game.
- Tim Floyd can coach.

Then again, UTEP needed OT to beat Alaska-Fairbanks earlier this year.

Artis may be good... But looking at his stats/minutes @ Oregon, it seems like a stretch to say he "led" them anywhere. His college stats to date make it look like he is a mediocre shooter (at best) and a great distributor.

Having said that, he'll probably score 30 against us.

After doing a little work on this, it seems like the guy that will truly light us up today is Omega Harris... Looks like an elite 3 point shooter. He'll be the guy to score 30+. Artis will just have 10+ assists from feeding him.

After doing a little work on this, it seems like the guy that will truly light us up today is Omega Harris... Looks like an elite 3 point shooter. He'll be the guy to score 30+. Artis will just have 10+ assists from feeding him.

Especially if Wilbekin is on him.

Looks like tip off is at 2:00 now, according to ESPN 3. Or is that just when their coverage begins?

Speaking of which, WMU on a 9-0 run in the second half to cut Nova lead to 5.

I hope Nova doesn't lose this game... Would really like to beat them tomorrow night. Would at least be a nice test / reality check.

I hope Nova doesn't lose this game... Would really like to beat them tomorrow night. Would at least be a nice test / reality check.

Yep. That's much more important than winning this tournament. Even a "good loss" would help with perception and SOS.

Back