• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 3 NFL Thread: No Brees, No Problem

And they'll lose in the Wild Card round, per usual. Yawn.

As a Bengals fan (probably the only one), I'm cautiously optimistic. If they can stay healthy and Andy Dalton figures it out, this might be the year. Last year, in the playoffs, they were missing some key DL and LB (Geno Atkins, Vontaze Burfict) and A.J. Green was out with a bad arm. NO pass rush and no downfield passing game for the playoffs. A recipe for disaster.

As a Bengals fan (probably the only one), I'm cautiously optimistic. If they can stay healthy and Andy Dalton figures it out, this might be the year. Last year, in the playoffs, they were missing some key DL and LB (Geno Atkins, Vontaze Burfict) and A.J. Green was out with a bad arm. NO pass rush and no downfield passing game for the playoffs. A recipe for disaster.

Add to that the Ravens are down with a bad secondary and surprisingly bad OL and no Suggs, the Steelers have no secondary, Ben and Pouncey, the Colts have no OL or D with all their injuries on that side of the Ball, and the Broncos have no OL and a beloved QB who has a noodle where his arm once was. So far, it looks like a Cincy/NE AFC title game.

did we talk about this?

Add to that the Ravens are down with a bad secondary and surprisingly bad OL and no Suggs, the Steelers have no secondary, Ben and Pouncey, the Colts have no OL or D with all their injuries on that side of the Ball, and the Broncos have no OL and a beloved QB who has a noodle where his arm once was. So far, it looks like a Cincy/NE AFC title game.
They could make the AFC title game and still wouldn't be Super Bowl contenders. Yawn.

Nice performance by the Bills at MIA. I want to Bill-ieve. I really do. Please make me believe, Rexy.

What a snoozefest this year's becoming. The top tier teams are just so much better than everyone else.

What percentage of Ayo's NFL posts amount to "Pats rule" or "your team sucks?" 90%?

What percentage of Ayo's NFL posts amount to "Pats rule" or "your team sucks?" 90%?

tommy.jpg

No, KC doesn't suck. They're just in the very crowded "0% chance of winning the SB/bless their hearts" group. And I don't see many Packers/Seahawks/Cardinals/Broncos fans posting, so...

Hey, the Cards are on the list now! Looking forward to who gets added next week

No, KC doesn't suck. They're just in the very crowded "0% chance of winning the SB/bless their hearts" group. And I don't see many Packers/Seahawks/Cardinals/Broncos fans posting, so...

Every playoff team is a Super Bowl contender. This isn't the NBA.

Every healthy playoff team then.

Hey, the Cards are on the list now! Looking forward to who gets added next week
What list are you talking about? Where did I say the list is Patriots, Packers, Seahawks, and Broncos? Don't remember that. Unless there's a barrage of injuries, I'll stand by that list (Pats, Packers, Seahawks, Broncos, Cardinals) all season. Just like I stood by last year's Patriots team being the best Pats team since '07 after getting a bunch of shit early in the season (mostly from you), and well, we all know how that ended up.

Every playoff team is a Super Bowl contender. This isn't the NBA.
tumblr_my12daIj3m1rohigno1_250.gif

Last edited:
What list are you talking about? Where did I say the list is Patriots, Packers, Seahawks, and Broncos? Don't remember that. Unless there's a barrage of injuries, I'll stand by that list (Pats, Packers, Seahawks, Broncos, Cardinals) all season. Just like I stood by last year's Patriots team being the best Pats team since '07 after getting a bunch of shit early in the season (mostly from you), and well, we all know how that ended up.

tumblr_my12daIj3m1rohigno1_250.gif

You cheating sons of bitches want to face this dude in the Super Bowl?

Super-Bowl-XLII-New-York-Giants-vs-New-England-Patriots-in-Glendale-Arizona_2.jpg

Didn't think so.

I think if the Giants were the biggest Super Bowl test for the Pats this year, they'd take that 10 times out of 10.

Just like I stood by last year's Patriots team being the best Pats team since '07 after getting a bunch of shit early in the season (mostly from you), and well, we all know how that ended up.

I'm fuzzy on this myself -- I could see where you were coming from with the Pats actually having a D for a change and I thought Brady would turn it around after the early struggles. But if there's proof so be it. I was skeptical about a WR core headed by Brandon LaFell, admittedly

I'm fuzzy on this myself -- I could see where you were coming from with the Pats actually having a D for a change and I thought Brady would turn it around after the early struggles. But if there's proof so be it. I was skeptical about a WR core headed by Brandon LaFell, admittedly

god, I forgot that LaFell existed for a second there. can you imagine this offense once he gets back? christ

Ex-Panthers WRs are better than current Panthers WRs.

Back