• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 8 NFL Thread: Gabbert to Start, Whisenhunt Fired, Lots of Action

Ayo you need to update your contender list to include both the panthers and colts
tumblr_my12daIj3m1rohigno1_250.gif

Titans fire the Wiz, Mularkey promoted to interim coach

**Caldwell pauses temporarily from permanent deer in headlights look**
**Grins**
**Not today, Jimmy boy, not today**
**Resumes deer in headlights look**

Townie - why are the Lions so bad? I thought they were for real last year. They lost Suh and Fairley, anyone else?

So with Kaep being benched, it's safe to assume he won't be in San Fran next year. Assuming he's not traded today, gotta think Philly is the logical destination next year for him. And that's assuming Kelly is still in Philly and not at USC or Texas. Maybe with RG3 as back-up. Not sure why Washington hasn't cut him yet, other than to keep him out of Philly this year.

So the 49ers and the Titans are relying on Jacksonville cast offs to turn their seasons around?

Good luck.

Townie - why are the Lions so bad? I thought they were for real last year. They lost Suh and Fairley, anyone else?

Too many factors to count. A lot of it comes down to coaching. The defense lost some key pieces, but the Lions just can't move the ball offensively. In years past we could hide Stafford's weaknesses behind gaudy stats because guys like Megatron or Tate last year made him look good.

You can't hide garbage forever though. Most of the blame is on Stafford, the O line, and the coaches.

Jed York vs. Ron Wellman in a battle of who made the bigger dumpster fire. Well done, fellas.

Back