• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 9 NFL Thread: I think it's just we have different views

No nationally televised Cowboys game? HORSESHIT!

This week in the NFL is rigged!

Go Bucs. I'll take the hit in Pick 'Em. Fuck the Falcons.

Go Bucs. I'll take the hit in Pick 'Em. Fuck the Falcons.

The Falcons are gigantic assclowns. I've never seen any team run hurry up and throw the ball more up 2+ scores than they do. It was awesome when it bit them in the ass against San Diego.

God how did we lose to the trash ass bucs?

I get that rubes tune in to watch the Cowboys or Packers, so that's why they always have broad national coverage, but it would be nice to see some different teams for once. The Raiders seem fun to watch. Same with the Cardinals. I'd take the freaking Titans if it meant I didn't have to sit through another Cowboys or Packers game.

I get that rubes tune in to watch the Cowboys or Packers, so that's why they always have broad national coverage, but it would be nice to see some different teams for once. The Raiders seem fun to watch. Same with the Cardinals. I'd take the freaking Titans if it meant I didn't have to sit through another Cowboys or Packers game.

The Raiders are playing on Sunday night, the Cardinals have been on in primetime multiple times, and the Titans played on Thursday night just last week.

The nfl cannnot kill these thursday night games fast enough

Francesa was just arguing they should move the big game each week back to MNF. I'd be totes on board with that.

Guess it might kill flexing though

Francesa was just arguing they should move the big game each week back to MNF. I'd be totes on board with that.

don't think NBC would be too happy with that after all the money they're paying vs ESPN

ESPN is paying more, but a lot of that is for highlight use and whatnot.

If NBC can be sold on Monday being better could always put MNF on NBC and SNF on ESPN. It's not like NBC really has any other programming anyway

I thought that when NBC bought SNF they had a provision to essentially make it the marquee match up of the week. Old SNFs on ESPN were the equivalent of current MNF match-ups. When MNF was on ABC it was the premiere game.

NBC would still have the marquee matchup since that's what they're paying for, but don't see why that has to take place on Sunday. Especially if there's football overkill going on, why not put the biggest game on a night where it will get all of the focus and all of everyone's attention

well for starters, I'm sure Disney owns the branding for "Monday Night Football"

Nah. Now that I'm a lame-o dad, I like having a marquee game on Sunday night for those Sundays I have to do family stuff. TNF kinda hurts MNF. By Monday, I'm tired of football and would rather catch up on shows.

well for starters, I'm sure Disney owns the branding for "Monday Night Football"

Then call it something else, damnit. They can't claim ownership of football on a day of week.

Some people only see problems. I see solutions.

Nah. Now that I'm a lame-o dad, I like having a marquee game on Sunday night for those Sundays I have to do family stuff. TNF kinda hurts MNF. By Monday, I'm tired of football and would rather catch up on shows.

I think the current setup has evolved people to behave in this fashion, but I think watching 7 straight hours of football before being asked to watch the game is more tiring than getting a day off from it before diving back into the main event

I think the current setup has evolved people to behave in this fashion, but I think watching 7 straight hours of football before being asked to watch the game is more tiring than getting a day off from it before diving back into the main event

That's a fair take. Add in the 9:30 games and it's 10.5 hours of football. I was in PST for Giants-Rams and it made no sense to wake up at 7:30 to the 2nd quarter of an NFL game.

Basically everything on TV these days is nostalgia for past shit anyway. Kevin James doing a new version of his old show, 24, MacGyver, Lethal Weapon, etc. Why not bring back big-time football on Mondays too

Back