• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official: WFU vs. NCSU Thread (we have a game today?)

Didn't watch. How many minutes did Moore play?

I would love to see an analysis of the university's ROI for the salaries paid to Wellman and Manning. Throw Bz in there, too, just to get the worst-case scenario.

Would love to see final stats with minutes played.

Moore has 8 points and 7 rebounds in just a few minutes.

Dinos has 4 points and 2 rebounds (and gave up a boatload of points and rebounds) in wonder-how-many-more-minutes.

Deacs lose 99-88. The Deacon offense down the stretch was a demonstration of panic determined to lose. Forced shots while double teamed. Hurried three's that fail to find the rim. Of course they can take solace that despite this display of ineptitude, it is overshadowed by a defensive performance that allows 99 points. Combined with the mystifying decisions of their leader, all the elements of a ten game losing streak were on display.

The shame of this game is that victory was there for the taking. The Wake Forest Demon Deacons are truly adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Can't play Dinos when using man to man defense. Coach still doesn't realize this.

Yeah, Cigs with 8 points, 7 boards, 2 blocks in I'm guessing like 9-10 mins. But nah, let's put Dinos in the middle down the stretch when Cat is waltzing down the lane scoring and/or being fouled on like 10 straight possessions.

8 points 7 boards and 2 blocks for Doral in those few minutes?? Inexcusable not to play him.

I just have no understanding whatsoever of how Doral Moore could not get at least a few more minutes. There cannot be many off-the-bench players in basketball history that seem to change the game so significantly for their team. When Moore was in today, we were so solid. He comes out, and we suck. How hard is it to see that?

Updated box score: 9 minutes for Doral.

The more Manning plays Moore the more he exposes himself to criticism for not playing Moore more. So, he doesn't play him.

Any other explanation?

CbHpkrHXEAASI2v.jpg

Ugh, you had Dinos in there instead of Doral down the stretch.

Updated box score: 9 minutes for Doral.

So 8 pts, 7 reb, 2 blks and he only got to play 9 minutes while two other bigs combined for 9 and 2. What a joke. What good is recruiting a 7 foot true center with our senior PF playing out of position if you don't play them together?

CbHpkrHXEAASI2v.jpg

Ugh, you had Dinos in there instead of Doral down the stretch.

Ummm, when we took the lead you had both Thomas and Moore in there playing together. WTF is he talking about? The more I see and hear out of Manning, the more my confidence in him disappears.

The Doral putback dunk was electric. His ability to follow Devin's misses against a weak interior defense of NC State made him borderline dominant when he was in.

Infuriating that he's not getting more minutes now that's it's been established that he and Devin play just fine together. Even if you allow for Collins and Dinos minutes - why is McClinton suddenly back in the fold, stealing potential Moore minutes?

Sneaky stat of the game - Rowan with 20 primarily against Wilbekin. You simply can't put Wilbekin on a shooter with length. Even if he was in perfect position it's essentially a wide open look every time, then he has to overplay and picks up stupid fouls.

Just watch Collins start at the 5 next year and McClinton at the 4 with Moore getting 10 mpg again off the bench. WTF.

So we are on a 10 game losing streak and we have an athletic 7 foot freshman that makes positive things happen every time he gets in that can't get any minutes? It literally makes my brain hurt!!!

Back