• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offseason Wake Football discussion thread

The secondary got torched most every game this year. Nikita made some plays but as other have stated, he's small for NT and thats the backbone of the 3-4.

Taylor Harris will probably be the best DT we have had in the Grobe era. He needs to see the field at the DT position. Go back to the 4-3 now. Let Harris eat up blocks and let Justin Jackson and Mike Olsen run wild and do their thing.

Move back to the 4-3, play Tylor and Nikita at both DT positions. Bring Lewinson and whoever else off the bench.

Yes. When we had some of the better defenses under Grobe, we were 4-3 (obviously). This history shows that we can atleast recruit for the 4-3 scheme and definitely cannot push in and out 300+ lbs DL in a rotation for a 3-4 to work

Damn I think auto correct on my phone got me. People misspelling his name irritate me.

Yes. When we had some of the better defenses under Grobe, we were 4-3 (obviously). This history shows that we can atleast recruit for the 4-3 scheme and definitely cannot push in and out 300+ lbs DL in a rotation for a 3-4 to work

It's not like we haven't had some good DT's over the years either. Fred Robbins, Montique Sharpe, Goryal Scales, Boo Robinson, John Russell, etc., even guys like Jamil Smith and Zach Stukes were solid DT's for us.

It's not like we haven't had some good DT's over the years either. Fred Robbins, Montique Sharpe, Goryal Scales, Boo Robinson, John Russell, etc., even guys like Jamil Smith and Zach Stukes were solid DT's for us.

Yes which is more of a reason to get multiple guys like that on the field at once with a 4-3 (i.e. Whitlock/Harris). They compliment each other.
If whitlock (being the playmaker he already is) were 300+ pounds... I could accept the 3-4

Back