• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OGB Film Club, take 2! - George Washington

I really liked it. Sort of comical in a couple of parts. Funniest unintentional part was the big Greek, or whatever, guy who started the fight. Dude was super hairy with the tear-away shirt and the choreography was super campy. Would have been better if they just let him beat the shit out of those guys. Also he had two cauliflower ears swollen up.

Apparently Rodney Dangerfield was in this movie as an “Onlooker.”

I have Creed 3, Air, and 12th Man downloaded for the overnight to Venice. Have not seen any of these.

I liked the Killing. Not sure i have anything insightful. Enjoyed the different characters, particularly the shooter in the car. Can’t recall if I’d ever seen a movie with McCluskey, so fun to see him pre-getting shot in the throat.

Didn’t really love the ending, but can’t articulate why.

Who is next to pick?

One part I thought was weird about the killing was how the spent the least time on the first guy that the narrator introduced (Melvin Unger).

Today was the anniversary of the release of The Thing, Blade Runner, and Full Metal Jacket

If y’all are still doing this thing then Deaconson has the next pick

i'd like to keep this going, but think one a month makes sense

watched some movies I never would have otherwise and enjoy the discussion

Last edited:
FINALLY, I finished "The Killing". Most times when I'm late watching it's due to procrastinating because I'm not all that worked up to watch the assignment but the opposite was true for this. On my life to-do list is to watch all of Kubrick's filmography so I wanted to wait until I was fully engaged, no distractions, no fatigue and could give 100% attention.

Right off the bat I was taken aback by the use of a narrator. I wasn't expecting that from someone known for being a brilliant visual storyteller. I had to adjust my mindset that this would be more of its time than like "A Clockwork Orange" or "Barry Lyndon".

It passed simple tests of engagement. There were no fitful moments waiting for the next scene. The dialog was snappy and the actors sold me on their characters. I really dug Mary Windsor as the femme fatale. Her IMDB page is something to behold, full of MST3K worthy movies. She was a former Miss Utah. Truth be told I couldn't have identified any of the cast beforehand. Apparently Sterling Hayden (Johnny) was kind of a big deal, signing him got some funding. It's worth reading his Wiki page, he had a rich life before and after being a movie star. He had a documentary made about him ("Leuchtturm des Chaos") which I'm going to see if I can find. Vincent Edwards (Marie's boyfriend) was such a favorite actor of Florence Bond (née Jackson) that she named her son after him. You may know Vincent Edward Jackson better by his nickname - Bo (Vincent Edwards knows). The George the Animal Steele looking dude had an interesting background, just this one phrase from Wiki makes him a "most interesting man" candidate - "Kola Kwariani was a Georgian professional wrestler and chess player."

Not a complaint but when Johnny was unable to lock the new suitcase it was clear how it was going to end. Personally I was just thinking "tape it up at the counter man". I know I've done that before, checked in luggage and really taped it up tight at the airport.

Final score, this is a big "yay" for me.

Film club has been worth it for that movie alone. Not that other movies haven’t also been cool.

That's fair.

I'm going to lighten things up a little and revisit Johnny Dangerously (on max).

if you don't have access Strange Brew looks like another option to revisit and its free with commercials on YouTube.

That's fair.

I'm going to lighten things up a little and revisit Johnny Dangerously (on max).

if you don't have access Strange Brew looks like another option to revisit and its free with commercials on YouTube.
Which one is your choice?

Back