• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OGBoards Fundraiser

DV7 purchased the software ~$350 out of pocket last March, so essentially all we are having to pay right now is the hosting fee for the site. TWDeac has been paying that each month since March, so this will free up his monthly contributions for the forseeable future. We'll also have to renew the domain name eventually, but most of the time those are paid for at least a year or two out. The longer you purchase the domain name for, the cheaper it is.

Thanks again for all who have donated so far, it's been a tremendous help. I promise, scouts honor, that the money won't be used for any purpose other than maintaining this site.

Go Deacs!

Just to be completely open with y'all, I did receive a few checks from select members right as OGBoards was starting to help reduce the cost to me personally, including but not limited to IrishSlim. Which I still greatly appreciate.

Thanks for the work and fronting costs everyone. Happy to contribute.

Absolutely happy to contribute. This board is exactly what was needed and I'm sure folks will periodically kick in to keep it at its current level.

Thanks dunkin! Check in a day or so and see if you can change your title. If not let me know. The admins just need some time to switch the privaledges over.

We received a donation this morning from someone who didnt leave their board name. If you'd like the ability to change to a custom title, PM me with your real name and the amount you donated so I can verify it was in fact you and we'll get you set up.

Quick update:

We are within $20 of hitting $1000 in donations from 30 individuals. Everyone that has donated should have received a PM from me, if not let me know. Thanks again for all the support. Its exceeded all of our expectations.

The custom title is well worth giving a few bones to keep this site running.

Sounds like we may need a few more bones unless we can put a restrictor plate on rj...

Any chance we can start a fundraising campaign to take out Bzzzout ads in newspapers, sponsored by OGboards of course.

I won't speak for any of the other moderators on here, but I don't think it is our place to take money from members to then create a unified stance for what people on this board stand for. There are still some people here that think Mr. [Redacted] is the coach to get it done, just as there are people here that think he needs more time to show one way or the other. It wouldn't be right to those posters to have a #BuzzOUT! advertisement out there sponsored by the boards as a whole, IMO.

I won't speak for any of the other moderators on here, but I don't think it is our place to take money from members to then create a unified stance for what people on this board stand for. There are still some people here that think Mr. [Redacted] is the coach to get it done, just as there are people here that think he needs more time to show one way or the other. It wouldn't be right to those posters to have a #BuzzOUT! advertisement out there sponsored by the boards as a whole, IMO.

:werd:

This board doesn't officially endorse any opinions or sides of an argument. That's what the discuss athletics "freely" part really means, contrary to some interpretations of it.

:werd:

This board doesn't officially endorse any opinions or sides of an argument. That's what the discuss athletics "freely" part really means, contrary to some interpretations of it.

:werd::werd:

We as mods arent even in 100% agreement on buzzin or buzzout, so there is no way we could endorse a particular movement, one way or the other. Getting into a movement like that would alienate a subset of our fanbase (large or small), which we certainly dont want to do. We already are at a numerical disadvantage being Wake fans, we shouldnt shun a particular group.

I just feel like there must be a way to improperly use these funds and get away with it.

I just feel like there must be a way to improperly use these funds and get away with it.

Way ahead of you, my friend.

charliesheeen.jpg

Tigerblood.

I'm going to find your tailgate in the fall and eat and drink my way through your ill gotten gains.

Back