• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OL Commit Joel Suggs 6'8-300

300 lbs sounds a little light for a 6'8" lineman.

He has all kinds of frame left... He is the evolution of Doug Weaver... Suggs should go 335-340 by the time he's ready to do some damage. Hard working guy on top of it all -- Brains, brawn, feet and squash - kid has the requisite tools to succeed.

All these guys sound huge. We will be tough to contend with if we can put together lines like Stanford has had over the past couple of years. Need some BIG DL now!!!

Dobyns-Bennett product Ty Hayworth is another big kid who has been a fast developing prospect over the last 2 years. He has made great strides in the weight room and is rapidly approaching 400 pounds on the bench.He checks in today at 6'4 and 306 pounds (still growing)

Another kid who fell in love with WF early and halted the recruiting process...WF has had a good history with Dobyns-Bennett.

Here is a good pic of TY who was just recently named 1st Team All-6A Tennessee

http://tricitiessports.com/dbs-ty-hayworth-named-to-tswa-class-a-allstate-team-p55515-1.htm

Compares favorably with late bloomer Colin Summers...big with a nasty streak.

Thanks Lectro, you're too kind.

Shrine Bowl Starter.

A brief snapshot of this kid...real smart and down to Earth. When you hear him interviewed he sounds much older than an 18 year old young man.

Very impressed with all 3 of our OL for 2012's class. Not ranked as highly as last years group but having seen all 3 I can tell you they are equal to the impressive kids we've gained over the last 2-3 years.

http://www.courier-tribune.com/sections/sports/local/suggs-shines-all-way-shrine-bowl.html

Offers from West Virginia, Stanford, NCSU and ECU he shut down the recruiting process long before his Senior season.

We need our offensive line to get better and quick. I hope these guys are good.

We need our offensive line to get better and quick. I hope these guys are good.

Well get ready 'cause you are preparing to see the best collection of young OL ever assembled at WF.

None of the guys coming in next year are going to even sniff a live snap. They are Redshirts. I just like to give them their due.

Hayworth is going to be another motivating force in the weight room...he will bring a mentality similar to Blitch, Preble, and Summers --- the 'Nasty' types on the OL are each dedicated Iron throwers. I expect every weight record to be broken with this group pushing one another...

Target size for 2012

Garrick Williams- cerebral leader of OL who graded at 90+% against the best teams WF played in 2011. Garrick tends to balloon to 320 plus. He needs to target 300 pounds. -- Projects at 6'4-305

Steven Chase -- has absorbed the new size pretty well -- he came in as a 6'7-240 pound ex TE. Chase is ready for another round of strength-mass gain and will be pushed hard by younger guys. RS JR in 2012 and the year coaches pointed to in his recruitment. --- add 15 pounds to 6'7-325

Devin Bolling-- The main concern with Bolling has been powerbase...he has the look of a big DE instead of a Tackle. He is a kid who was given a scholarship as an ath DL/OL and I would not be suprised to see him moved to DL -- as an OT his target is 6'5-310

Colin Summers-- Pro bodied big man just scratching the surface -- continued to grow after H.S. / Summers is an SEC style hog (which WF now has a few!) and goes 6'5 and 325 with a frame that can carry 345. I project him as a RS Soph going 335

Daniel Blitch -- another Weight room junkie with a great frame. Big boy is still working through the baby fat but as he tightens up watch out. At 6'6 and 320 he, like Summers, has room to grow and I'd project a 330 pound target for 2012. Projects as a probable starter in 2012.

Cody Preble-- another young ballplayer who is itching to get on the field. A kid who committed to WF and had some dings his SR year...watched a H.,S. teammate with less ability surge past him in 'reputation'. Though it will remain unspoken it should serve as a point which he, as a competitor, can grind. Preble is a young bull and another with an SEC style body. I look for him back next year @ 6'5-325 and pushing to start.

Antonio Ford -- when you see Antonio you immediately think "prototypical body of NFL Center" -- at 6'3 and 320 as a RS FR., Antonio has room to gain good mass...he has to be careful becauise he is built like one of those kids who can quickly balloon to 350 plus. Think Dennis Godfrey but even more lower body girth-strength potential. 6'3 and 325backing up C and G in 2012.

Dylan Intemann-- yet another big guy and a potential 'utility lineman' similar to Blake Lingruen and Russell Nenon -- except this guy is 310 pounds and not 280-290. Has potential to slide between G-T and is a guy who will push to start. Offers from Paul Johnson and Frank Beamer. Target is 315

Dylan Heartsill-- Was slated as the first OL to play in his class (Blitch,Ford,Summers). Hurt his back. Had what was considered a 100% successful surgery and prognosis. He will need some time. Big kid played at tiny school in Alabama and was not a part of the camp-star-scene. Another great lower body on the 6'5-300 pounder. Look for him to maintain in 2012.

Hunter Goodwin-- as with Intemann at last years Shrine Bowl, Goodwin stepped out as the most consistent OL of the Crab Bowl. Great looking prospect at T. Goodwin tipped @ 6'6 and 290 in 2011 and I'd look for a 10-15 pound mass gain for 2012 - 305

Last edited:
^^^^ It's amazing and exciting that we have 10 OLs that are in the 300+ lb range....and this doesn't include the 2012 commits that all should be 300+ by the time they get here.
We have the size. Need to keep improving on strength, quickness and nastiness and this group will be the engine for our future success. Looking for big gains in our running game next year.

^^^^ It's amazing and exciting that we have 10 OLs that are in the 300+ lb range....and this doesn't include the 2012 commits that all should be 300+ by the time they get here.
We have the size. Need to keep improving on strength, quickness and nastiness and this group will be the engine for our future success. Looking for big gains in our running game next year.

I agree wholeheartedly...if these guys adopt the "Get Big and Hairy" mantra of papa Rulz then I think we have a group of fuggin' Animals on our hands...and its about Damn time! Don't get me wrong, I like the cerebral types like Louis Frazier but give me some smart guys who are just a little bit crazy any day of the week :)

bolling to d line and heartsill with back injury leaves us with 8 o linemen

need to sell true frosh that they can play now; same with SAFETIES

Anyone besides Patrick and Brandon Ghee come out of there? (Brandon started HS there, later moved and graduated HS in NC)

Patrick Ghee
Skip Brown

other notable DB football alums:

Bobby Dodd
Gerald Sensabaugh (Cowboys)
Teddy Gaines (played at UT and for the 49ers)
Daniel Kilgore (played at APP - drafted last year by SF)

DB has more wins in football than any other high school in TN

It also has more wins than any other basketball program in the country (at any level) with over 2100, and the 3rd most baseball wins in the country.

Lectro, give us the starting 5 o-line for next year...Thanks...

Chase 6'7-325 RS JR

Preble 6'5-325 RS FR

Williams 6'4-305 RS SR

Summers 6'5-335 RS So.

Blitch 6'6-330 RS So.

* certainly could start: Goodwin, Ford. -- utility guys: Bolling, Intemann, Heartsill.

Weren't Lee Garber and Robert O'Kelly from DB also?

Back