• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old Gold & Black (newspaper) Subscriptions - Forbes subscribed and so should you

How many of you people are there?

Also I was always excited to get written up in the police beat. Pretty sure I made it at least twice, once for streaking through benson at dinnertime

Back to school bump.

Steve Forbes subscribed and so should you.

Appreciate his supporting the OG&B with a paid subscription but damn, is our athletic dept. that removed from the campus community that he can't cross the street and stroll up to the quad to snag a copy?

Appreciate his supporting the OG&B with a paid subscription but damn, is our athletic dept. that removed from the campus community that he can't cross the street and stroll up to the quad to snag a copy?

He definitely could, but he might not know where to look/when to look. Also, maybe (more likely) his wife wants to read it.

I see his subscription to the OG&B as a small tangible gesture of connecting with the rest of the Wake Forest community. The subscription says that it is important to him to have a copy every week, not just when he remembers to go get one. Financially, it is a trivial cost. Symbolically, it shows he is trying to be Wake Forest basketball coach, not just a basketball coach whose current job happens to be at Wake Forest University.

When you get paid like that, little subscriptions don’t even register. Good on him for supporting the paper.

Sounds to me like Forbes is trying to buy favorable coverage. How could the OG&B sportswriter be critical of a PAYING SUBSCRIBER??

Back