• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old School Nintendo Game Thread - Game Open - Day 123 Ends at 1:30 PM EST

Ranking spreadsheet has been updated to begin accepting Wk3 votes

Added northern and rocket to the dropdowns.

Yeah I think we should've gotten a power for successfully accomplishing a task like civs did. Or another vig hit a piece? It felt imbalanced as the game was playing out for sure. The gunsmith plus masons plus cop and backup cop made it feel a bit...rough from a mafia perspective.

Again I do think it was slight balance to civs

But civs also had multiple -ev roles, tic dies if gm does, and restrictions (and players who die if restrictions broken)

It's become a part of the game for civs to lie about their roles to try and either get more powers, get night hit, or confuse mafia. And I think the rankings are probably slightly to blame as people want to pull the perfect play.

The challenge is all too often it ends up just screwing over the civs.

Might work out better than your typical end game play, tbh

Hey this will guarantee I make it all the way to the end.

Once again, I fully admit I played extremely poorly and got pretty tilted when manning and rocket somehow lived another day after bym was lynched. We could not fathom in the lair why they were allowed to live after lying time and time again about their role. We couldn't really kill either one because of all the cleared civs we had to get through.

The thing about Manning is if anyone else does that, they get lynched immediately.

With Manning, it’s “oh, it’s just Manning.” That’s not right.

If i play again wait until I am mafia. this shit about to be lit

To be fair didn't we end the game on something like 5 out of 6 mafia lynches? Maybe even 6 out of 7?

A lot of this was process of elimination as there were a ton of civs that either cleared themselves with claims that couldn't be false or were cleared by those claims indirectly so pretty much all of the rest had to be mafia.

The thing about Manning is if anyone else does that, they get lynched immediately.

With Manning, it’s “oh, it’s just Manning.” That’s not right.
This is also true. Tic read it correctly first and was my reason for reconsidering everything.

Hey this will guarantee I make it all the way to the end.

Once again, I fully admit I played extremely poorly and got pretty tilted when manning and rocket somehow lived another day after bym was lynched. We could not fathom in the lair why they were allowed to live after lying time and time again about their role. We couldn't really kill either one because of all the cleared civs we had to get through.

Your d1 vanilla claims have been pretty well effective, IMO. Thats 2 games in a row its happened then 7-8 rounds of under the radar skating.

Just wanted to apologise for my poor play and I'll go into retirement now again

Naaaah. You were clutch down the stretch. So obviously civ. i said in dead chad that, despite the shitshow of claims from the JTP day, that you were making a push for Civ MVP (i wasn't entirely serious but you were solid as a rock in the end game).

A lot of this was process of elimination as there were a ton of civs that either cleared themselves with claims that couldn't be false or were cleared by those claims indirectly so pretty much all of the rest had to be mafia.

Agreed here. Like three days ago someone had a post of like 12-13 people still remaining and all but four either had made a claim or were confirmed by other people to be clear (despite us hitting the cop night three and killing the backup cop before they could reveal any investigations period).

The cops balled out too.

That couple with Rommy eating me N1, Hoop N2 (blocking out hit), and parlay N3 to get another investigative role, along with Gouda getting hit N1 was our death.

Your d1 vanilla claims have been pretty well effective, IMO. Thats 2 games in a row its happened then 7-8 rounds of under the radar skating.

Yeah this is what I was going for. In hindsight I probably just claim generic watcher to survive day one and eat the potential cop investigation coming out a couple days in advance. I had Doofus' last game on my mind...and will now have this one on my mind too.

We almost gave up after the 1:30 day yesterday because we thought it was statistically impossible to win with as many cleared civs as there were left.

Northern did a helluva job lasting as long as he did, but without the AA it was literally over.

@tejas I never asked but how would my immunity have worked?

Back