• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Old School Nintendo Game Thread - Game Open - Day 123 Ends at 1:30 PM EST

Want some cheese to go with that whine? Our imperfect and only protection had to out themselves at the start of the game. Civ vigs are -ev and proved why here. The gunsmith role helped mafia more than it hurt them. All those guns killed civs.

I'm definitely not as salty as numbers (not at all actually, maf 2 got smoked) but doesn't that kind of prove his point? Civs had faulty protection, went 0 for 3 on vig hits, had one mafia from each team down by D2 and still essentially walked to victory

I thought almost everybody, myself included, played pretty poorly.

Nonny was clutch, tic was really good too (sans his incorrect reads on me that ultimately led to the right decision to lynch me).

Qt was great but the civs were a mess and her info got clouded. GM's willingness to persevere thru all the bullshit and distraction and focus on it and then continually come back to it turned a game around for the civs that was headed downhill fast. TIC coming in and listening and then running with it helped. Manning despite his best intentions clouded/confused the game but gets a ton of credit for staying focused and calm and pushing the correct reads to bring it home (tic gets an asst there as well). Tic was basically Jason Kidd.

I will give nonny an award for his efforts. No one tried harder. His reads could not have been more off than they were this game. I said in chat if he just had a "Costanza moment" and realized to "do the opposite". The civs would have smoked this game. We all have games like that.

Knight had some HOF (bad) reads overall if we’re going who had bad ones. The townie day was slaying me.

Im not sure what is happening right now. I might be asleep but have people actually given me credit? I thought for sure I was going to get blasted in post game and would have loved to read dead chat during this game

Also no offense to all of us, but nonny is the only hot chick left at the dance for a reason. The rest of us uggos are here at endgame without a dance partner as usual. Why do you think that is?

this was post of the game for me

mako had his best ever game, had a tough role and did great

Im not sure what is happening right now. I might be asleep but have people actually given me credit? I thought for sure I was going to get blasted in post game and would have loved to read dead chat during this game

u r getting my #1 maf ranking this week

i started out so frustrated and then like day 2 of your shenanigans i was dying laughing in maf chat

I always wanna read dead chat. Haha. There’s legit 5 times a game where I say something so stupid I wanna aa myself so I can read the reaction.

Qt was great but the civs were a mess and her info got clouded. GM's willingness to persevere thru all the bullshit and distraction and focus on it and then continually come back to it turned a game around for the civs that was headed downhill fast. TIC coming in and listening and then running with it helped. Manning despite his best intentions clouded/confused the game but gets a ton of credit for staying focused and calm and pushing the correct reads to bring it home (tic gets an asst there as well). Tic was basically Jason Kidd.

I will give nonny an award for his efforts. No one tried harder. His reads could not have been more off than they were this game. I said in chat if he just had a "Costanza moment" and realized to "do the opposite". The civs would have smoked this game. We all have games like that.

When you live to the last day in a 30-person game, you're bound to get some wrong. But I think this is blatantly inaccurate.

we should have listened to ryala right after he died and killed da

think we'd have had a chance in endgame if he hadn't nailed jman

Yes, manning lied about his role. Multiple times. But the good thing he eventually did is come 100% clean with his actual role. It was then that we could understand his motivation and why he came out when he did, why he tried to overstate his powers (twice), and how the powers played into it. He wasn't able to get himself lynched w/ so many other clears out there but the effort made sense.

Rocket - why did you continue to lie about your role?

JTP - what gives?

I was hoping to get hit by mafia at night when I first came out that I blocked Redwing since I was the only one that knew my power only worked 25% of the time. Because of that, it sounded like a more powerful role than it was. I think I said something about it not working half the time. At that point, I think it was maybe 2 out of 5. The problem was jtp not mentioning he was roleblocked and because he was majority lynched, I hadn't been on the thread. A lot of the mafia power speculation was that I only had the power on even days...but the times it worked were actually night 2 and night 5. Once that point was made, it didn't matter and it's not something I had actually considered. After that, I went 0 for 4. So I think that would have been around a 31% chance of that actually happening. If even one of them had hit, I don't think it's a point of contention.

I wasn't home so I didn't get back to the thread until around 7:30 last night and by the time I started to catch up there wasn't anything I could have put out there. I wasn't prepared for there being a night deadline and planned to have a full explanation by 9:00 this morning. I think if there had been analysis on my votes and non-role-related posts (admittedly I'm never going to be a talkative player) I would have looked much more civ. Not that it would have necessarily mattered.

Obviously, I didn't play the role great but it wasn't a role I was familiar with. My thoughts were that it wasn't worth accidentally knocking out protection or blocking a cop investigation in hopes of blocking a mafia move. The only way I would have ever figured out I blocked a mafia is if that was the only hit of the night and it didn't go through. I saw the value it could potentially have late game if I connected but didn't really expect to still be alive that late in the game.

u r getting my #1 maf ranking this week

i started out so frustrated and then like day 2 of your shenanigans i was dying laughing in maf chat

did you guys ever think i was legit or thought about hitting me?

it's just straight up hard being mafia if you are a player that posts a lot

ryala is probably the best at it, followed by gooner, but you're just gonna make mistakes, either with your votes or your posts

the high volume posters have a much harder game to play than the low volume posters

still northern was just about the only good maf player on our team

if maf 2 didn't decide killing ryala was funny and were trying to win the game, we'd also have stood a better chance

did you guys ever think i was legit or thought about hitting me?

think you were in discussion a couple times but more, as nonny suggested, were just yelling about why town never lynched you

it's just straight up hard being mafia if you are a player that posts a lot

ryala is probably the best at it, followed by gooner, but you're just gonna make mistakes, either with your votes or your posts

the high volume posters have a much harder game to play than the low volume posters

still northern was just about the only good maf player on our team

if maf 2 didn't decide killing ryala was funny and were trying to win the game, we'd also have stood a better chance

Agreed. If someone who posts a lot doesn’t show up as much they get heat and then when they post a lot there’s more things to latch onto even if they’re innocuous normal comments.

pretty interesting full set of roles

plenty of -ev roles for town but still felt pretty out of balance, surprised it made it as far as it did

maf 2 had a way easier role restriction than maf 1, dammit

It also made me scratch my head when people said to me "Doofus was acting differently than he was last game, so he must be mafia this game". Uh yeah, I was mafia last game too.

I would love if we would expect more from people as far as evidence "show me proof that he is acting oddly, what post #" instead of letting people skate by on "yeah his tone is weird, let's lynch him".

I think I made that point when I was debating your alignment with GAT

Back