• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On Fox Sports South now

thanks for the heads up. i remember an epic quad rolling after this game.

Got it......

Great to get pumped for Saturday

Mike Hogewood "Nobody was on Wake's bench. Everybody was standing. I have never seen a team so hyped'

Watching the picture perfect misdirection running game in action is a thing of beauty. Wish we were able to incorporate this on top of our now awesome pass offense.

Thank you for that. It's amazing how much production quality has improved in 10 years.

I'm a bit biased but one of the best Deacon memories I had. Homecoming tour officially ended. Also Fabian was great but J mac was masterful. It may be a bit forgotten but I attribute those first 2 years of success under Grobe resp for the future success of the Deacs. The 2006 senior class often gets credited for the turn around of the Deac tradition but that class committed during the success of Grobes first 2 years 01 02. There I said it. Not as heralded but instrumental.

Last edited:
I'm a bit biased but one of the best Deacon memories I had. Homecoming tour officially ended. Also Fabian was great but J mac was masterful. It may be a bit forgotten but I attribute those first 2 years of success under Grobe resp for the future success of the Deacs. The 2006 senior class often gets credited for the turn around of the Deac tradition but that class committed during the success of Grobes first 2 years 01 02. There I said it. Not as heralded but instrumental.

Agree!!!

Our offensive line was masterful that day. It was made up of players recruited by Jim Caldwell, and Jim Grobe has often given Caldwell credit for bringing those players to Wake Forest. I saw many familiar names in Deacon uniforms last night.
As a Deacon fan I am disappointed that the FOX replay doesn't show our getting a safety when the ball went out the back of the end zone on a punt attempt; those 2 points made quite a difference in the final outcome.
I sat behind Tyson Clabo's parents for that game.

Our offensive line was masterful that day. It was made up of players recruited by Jim Caldwell, and Jim Grobe has often given Caldwell credit for bringing those players to Wake Forest. I saw many familiar names in Deacon uniforms last night.
As a Deacon fan I am disappointed that the FOX replay doesn't show our getting a safety when the ball went out the back of the end zone on a punt attempt; those 2 points made quite a difference in the final outcome.
I sat behind Tyson Clabo's parents for that game.

We had abunch of really good O-linemen on that team.

I saw that on the "Guide" and all that was coming over was Hockey.. I kept checking back to see if it ever left hockey, but no joy..

I was at the game. It was awesome. Afterwards, at He's Not Here, I was one of two Deacon fans in the place. All of the UNC fans just gazed over with the sad puppy dog looks that they wear so well. GREAT MEMORY!

Back