• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On going shooting down UFOs (probably) from China

I wonder if what we shot down in Alaska and Canada is similar to the "Mosul Sphere" that was supposedly caught on camera by a US reconnaissance plane in 2016.

Collage-Maker-26-Jan-2023-02.41-PM-770x435.jpg

I thought it was too dangerous to shoot things down until they crossed the continent and got over the ocean? The debris could hit someone on the ground.

I thought it was too dangerous to shoot things down until they crossed the continent and got over the ocean? The debris could hit someone on the ground.
Which one do you protest against?

The one shot down over water in Lake Huron?
The one off the coast of Alaska?
The one over the Yukon Territory, which has 0.2 people per square mile, and ordered by the Prime Minister of Canada, not the USA?

This isn't the "gotcha" you think it is.

For more context, North Dakota is 48x more populous per square mile than the Yukon Territory.

Clearly that's a much lower risk for debris, which, as ITC posted, is still pretty dangerous given the velocity anything is falling at from that height.

Back