• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On The Road Again

ACCOffice

Reaction score
Our last road win over an ACC team with a winning record appears to be Clemson in 2009. Will the string be broken this year?

Our last, good, road win was over Gonzaga in 2010.

Clemson almost always has a winning record early in the season. Not much to that win.

That win was awesome. One of the most fun games of the Dino era.

Weren't Wake and Clemson the last unbeaten teams going into that game?

Chris McCullough looks like he badly injured his knee last night. Big loss for Cuse. They already had a short bench. Just don't see us going up to Cuse and beating them in the Carrier Dome, however.

Last edited:
Yep. That may be one of the best games Wake has ever played. If the team had played like that in the tournament I think we would have made the Final Four.

The string will be broken this year. [Redacted]'s gone.

AFA had an impressive dunk in that game, IIRC. He took off from around the free throw line and soared for the finish.

Yep. That may be one of the best games Wake has ever played. If the team had played like that in the tournament I think we would have made the Final Four.

That stretch where Wake won @BYU, beat UNC, destroyed @BC, and won @Clemson is the best regular season stretch I recall of any Wake basketball team. Really though after that Clemson game that Wake was going to finally make noise in the postseason. Oh whale.

Chris McCullough looks like he badly injured his knee last night. Big loss for Cuse. They already had a short bench. Just don't see us going up to Cuse and beating them in the Carrier Dome, however.

Torn ACL.

That stretch where Wake won @BYU, beat UNC, destroyed @BC, and won @Clemson is the best regular season stretch I recall of any Wake basketball team. Really though after that Clemson game that Wake was going to finally make noise in the postseason. Oh whale.

The stretch run in 95 may be the best.

7 wins to end the season, 4 of them against the top 25 and having to win @#2 UNC the 2nd to last game to keep our hopes for the #1 seed in the ACCT a live.

That was the way an ACC road game should be played. Made mistakes but no quit.

This is the kind of game you expect on the road. Some missed free throws and bad calls, but strong effort and generally consistent execution.

Not like the complete personality changes we saw on the road under [Redacted] (or even under Dino).

Back