• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One Shining Moment

Wakelaw2006

Reaction score
I'm already getting excited and it's only halftime. Does anyone know what version they are using this year? The Jennifer Hudson abortion of the song from last year or is CBS bringing back Luther Vandross?

They are bringing back Vandross. The backlash from the Hudson version was enough to make them switch back.

I can never put a finger on why i actually care about one shining moment, but I do. It's so close....!

(potentially troubling news, if it hasn't been posted elsewhere. Saw several reputible twitter sources mention that next year is the last year of the current contract for one shining moment)

I am so unpleased right now - major storms coming through Atlanta and my cable and power both went out with about 1 min to go in the game. It wasn't close, so I didn't care. But power and cable are still out and I missed One Shining Moment - grrrrr.

Pretty solid!

I can't believe how fast I completely forgot about Morehead State

Couldn't believe there wasn't any reference to UNC in it this year. Pretty strange for an elite 8 team of their caliber not to be in it. Not that it didn't make me happy.

Singler and Marshall were both in it, shuttered when I saw them. Anyways, thought it was pretty good, love that shit

As cheesy as it is, I can't turn of the TV until One Shining Moment is over. It's the official end of the basketball season. Love it!!

Am I the only one who thinks One Shining Moment is Jim Nance melodrama at its worst? Or perhaps second only to his Masters melodrama?

What is up with the circle dancing? It's new in the past couple years and ummm interesting.

Am I the only one who thinks One Shining Moment is Jim Nance melodrama at its worst? Or perhaps second only to his Masters melodrama?

One Shining Moment is bigger than Jim Nantz.

One of the coolest things I've seen was at the NCAA Hall of Champions in Indy. They have an exhibit that shows every One Shining Moment. I visited there back in 2001 before the YouTube era made things like that ordinary.

Back