• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One type of meat for the rest of your life...

Which meat do you choose?

• Total voters

discdude

Lampin in the cut
Reaction score
You can only eat one type of meat for the rest of your life. Which do you choose?

Poll will arrive shortly.

I would have voted lamb, but I considered the fact that I would also have to be buying and preparing my choice as well. So I went beef because it is pretty versatile, not too expensive, and easy to work with. I would have also considered shellfish, but I hate cooking that at home.

question...if you pick something other than beef, does that rule out cheese?

however, I will say that some of my favorite cheeses are sheep's cheese...pecorino and Manchego, so I could go lamb

question...if you pick something other than beef, does that rule out cheese?

I wouldn't think so... cheese is a product of a cow(sheep/goat/whatever) but isn't meat. I would also think that eggs could slide by as well, though that is a bit more of a gray area.

Went with fish due to the variety, seabass, swordfish, tilapia, tuna, etc. Differences in texture, taste, etc. would help with only having one option forever. Also, still can eat sushi this way, ftw.

ETA- oh, and those Omega 3's!!!

Homer: Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Lisa, honey, are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad! Those all come from the same animal!
Homer: [Chuckles] Yeah, right Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

You left out quinoa. That's a meat, right?

Went with Chicken because that's what I already eat half of the time anyways. Second would be turkey I guess.

I am no fun.

If I choose beef, I can still eat eggs, right? I love eggs.

Went with fish due to the variety, seabass, swordfish, tilapia, tuna, etc. Differences in texture, taste, etc. would help with only having one option forever. Also, still can eat sushi this way, ftw.

You can get plenty of Omega 3's from grass fed beef and eggs from pastured chickens. Even pastured pork has a much better Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio. Really, any grass fed/pastured animal will free of a lot of the health concerns we've created by shoving corn and grains down the throats of animals in industrial farming.

Agree, this is the only logical answer.

Back