• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

sailor posts essay about how it's democrats' fault that conservatives are knuckle dragging obstructionists

Republican rubes just furiously scribbling holes into their voting ballots because Morgan Wallen isn’t allowed to say the n-word. “Fuck Sunday voting, soon we won’t let the Blacks vote on Saturdays either”. That will teach you not to sing about “popping pussys on a handstand”

Protect Abortion Rights? Virginia Democrats’ Vacation Plans Get in the Way.

Democrats have less than a month left controlling Virginia before Republicans take over the House of Delegates and the governor’s mansion. With the clock ticking, many in the party want to seize what they see as a fleeting opportunity: protecting abortion rights by codifying them into state law.

But Democratic leaders in the State Senate have dismissed the idea — and not on policy grounds or over concerns about political messaging. Several of the chamber’s members don’t want to change their vacation plans.

One senator is traveling in Africa. Others are in Europe. And the majority leader is headed to Hawaii.

Manchin is who Manchin always was, bought and paid for by coal amongst other interests. Mighty fine beat down poor state you have there be a real shame families living there get some support.

Lmaooooo Dems are really the dumbest ppl alive

I mean…”It doesn’t matter if you vote for Warnock and Ossoff because Manchin is going to wreck shit anyway” isn’t a great campaign message.

Biden did confirm a bunch of judges this week presumably with Manchin’s votes.

The solution is for more progressives to win elections. There’s a good opportunity here for progressives to run against the Democratic Party to win their primaries on an anti-filibuster, pro-voting rights, anti-Manchin/Sinema platform.

I mean…”It doesn’t matter if you vote for Warnock and Ossoff because Manchin is going to wreck shit anyway” isn’t a great campaign message.

The solution is for more progressives to win elections. There’s a good opportunity here for progressives to run against the Democratic Party to win their primaries on an anti-filibuster, pro-voting rights, anti-Manchin/Sinema platform.
Good luck with that. Expect more bitching on message boards and social media instead.

From my survey of liberals and myself, most don’t really care that this didn’t get passed. A huge focus of this dealt with parents and children: my generation isn’t having kids. What we care about is the damn student loan issue that is still nowhere to be found. What we also care about is cutting the goddamn ridiculous and pointless defense budget.

And voting rights and police violence. Nobody is marching in the street for universal child care. Cancel student loans and maybe people can think about having kids.

And voting rights and police violence. Nobody is marching in the street for universal child care. Cancel student loans and maybe people can think about having kids.

Exactly. Major oversight on my part not including that so thank you!

And don’t forget, free Pre-K so they are better prepared to get into a school that will put them 200k in debt.

That's not going to overturn Manchin or Sinema's seat.

That's not going to overturn Manchin or Sinema's seat.

Is this a serious post? Democrats don’t need to “overturn” their seats. They need to win more seats so those two seats don’t matter as much and push other moderates to support progressive bills.

From my survey of liberals and myself, most don’t really care that this didn’t get passed. A huge focus of this dealt with parents and children: my generation isn’t having kids. What we care about is the damn student loan issue that is still nowhere to be found. What we also care about is cutting the goddamn ridiculous and pointless defense budget.

Please don’t tell me that you really believe that all student debt should just be eliminated. I’m all for sound social reform and putting $$ behind it but no way would I support the Government just eliminating student debt. I would consider doing so for specific occupations like teachers or medical workers to name two. But across the board; no way. The villains here are the banks and their absurd interest rates and colleges themselves who have totally over charged for the educations they deliver while their endowments grow by millions every year.

Is this a serious post? Democrats don’t need to “overturn” their seats. They need to win more seats so those two seats don’t matter as much and push other moderates to support progressive bills.

Like which ones ? They're pretty much dead in the water in NC and based on their shit performance when the almost controlled both sides of Congress and the presidency, they're about to get spit roasted. Don't be surprised when Warnock loses too.

Please don’t tell me that you really believe that all student debt should just be eliminated. I’m all for sound social reform and putting $$ behind it but no way would I support the Government just eliminating student debt. I would consider doing so for specific occupations like teachers or medical workers to name two. But across the board; no way. The villains here are the banks and their absurd interest rates and colleges themselves who have totally over charged for the educations they deliver while their endowments grow by millions every year.

Banks own almost none of the student debt

Back