• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

Moderate Democrats in the year 2021 are essentially Republicans that still care about Republicans fake fiscal bullshit and love capitalism/money but can’t get over the Republican Party acceptance of deplorables and racists.

Pretty sure he is saying that leftists and progressive activists “set the narrative” for Republican attacks on Democrats with unrealistic political goals and polarizing activism and rhetoric. ChrisL basically demands leftist electoral support in general elections, but otherwise doesn’t want to be connected in any way to leftists
I support the passage of BBB. I just think throwing a hissy fit and adding to the leftist narrative of "THE DEMOCRATS ARE GOING TO LOSE BIG IN _______!!!!" is dumb and counterproductive

Pretty sure he is saying that leftists and progressive activists “set the narrative” for Republican attacks on Democrats with unrealistic political goals and polarizing activism and rhetoric. ChrisL basically demands leftist electoral support in general elections, but otherwise doesn’t want to be connected in any way to leftists

It's easier to stoke fear and anger than propose policy.

Got it. Yea I mean his only consistent refrain is just “elect more democrats” which is so funny. You know, that thing we all know and love, the Democrats.

I support the passage of BBB. I just think throwing a hissy fit and adding to the leftist narrative of "THE DEMOCRATS ARE GOING TO LOSE BIG IN _______!!!!" is dumb and counterproductive

This just goes back to my confusion with the double speak on the CRT thread - Do you really not see the duplicity in claiming to be on the same team as progressives, then also complaining about having to run away from progressive messaging and activism? For 1, I don’t believe you to be representing any ideology but your own, and 2, do you not understand that you can’t serve two masters - progressives and conservatives are in opposition to each other. You want to understand why we can’t work together like the Republicans do, when Republicans are a true political party while we are just a loose coalition of opposition to the far right.

Truly why does online rhetoric matter? Unless you’re Russia pilled I guess and you think the Dems lose elections because of Putin and Facebook, in which case why yell at wake forest leftists?

Apart from like, trying to legislate for basic human dignity and needs, I wonder what the Dems could do that would make ChrisL legit upset.

This just goes back to my confusion with the double speak on the CRT thread - Do you really not see the duplicity in claiming to be on the same team as progressives, then also complaining about having to run away from progressive messaging and activism? For 1, I don’t believe you to be representing any ideology but your own, and 2, do you not understand that you can’t serve two masters - progressives and conservatives are in opposition to each other. You want to understand why we can’t work together like the Republicans do, when Republicans are a true political party while we are just a loose coalition of opposition to the far right.
There is as much hostility between the far right and moderate GOP. They just circle the wagons against what they perceive to be the bigger common enemy.

One more jab at Chris and then I’m out again til the Dems do some more dumb shit

i want free predator drones.

If only there was a way to solve the student debt crisis by hiring more police officers

Yep. We get a lot of “free stuff” to harm others but little “free stuff” to help us.

I view being ideologically aligned with the far left like being in a 3 legged race with somebody who keeps stabbing themselves in the other leg and blaming you for it.

LOL. The moderates are the ones who keep stabbing themselves in the leg. Democrats have no real plan and keep losing ground. You act like progressives have been running the show instead of trying to get into the show.

06eaf04c9d1683e39292364c3606b363.jpg

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Turns out Democracy is the Debacle

…..

Palma/Why should I pay for your kids if you can’t afford them don’t have them/Palma

It really is mind boggling how oblivious the people I see posting that sentiment are. You don't have to be on board with student loan credits or help, but at least have the wherewith-all to understand where the sentiment is coming from. I don't have kids, but you don't see me stomping about and throwing bitch-fits because my tax dollars are helping people with kids. It's called a society.

Two thoughts that are only loosely related:
1.It blows my mind that elected democrats think they can do fucking nothing and get re-elected. Fuck them, they deserve to get boatraced; and
2.Don't you take the deal Manchin is offering, despite him being a shitbird?

It really is mind boggling how oblivious the people I see posting that sentiment are. You don't have to be on board with student loan credits or help, but at least have the wherewith-all to understand where the sentiment is coming from. I don't have kids, but you don't see me stomping about and throwing bitch-fits because my tax dollars are helping people with kids. It's called a society.

plama

Waste of energy and brain cells trying to argue here for collectivist ideology. There’s simply a disconnect where moderate Dems don’t understand that helping a group of people, even if you deem those people undeserving, might improve society as a whole. They can never get past the notion of giving something to someone who doesn’t deserve it.

As Eastwood said over a wounded Hackman before he put him away in Unforgiven.

"Deserves has nothing to do with it."

Two thoughts that are only loosely related:
1.It blows my mind that elected democrats think they can do fucking nothing and get re-elected. Fuck them, they deserve to get boatraced; and
2.Don't you take the deal Manchin is offering, despite him being a shitbird?

Why wouldn't you take that?

Dems did pass infrastructure. Only thing Pubs have passed in the past 10 years is a tax cut for the wealthy.

Back