• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

I don’t think progressives and voters of color can “take over the Democratic Party”. I think the two party American system is doomed, and the two parties are so codependent and intertwined that neither could exist without the other, so they both have to be disbanded. My theory of electoral-political change is:

1. Compulsory voting for all state and national elections, and compensation for voting in local elections, with mail
In voting + local ballot boxes + a national voting holiday.

2. Creation of Independent National Department of Elections - disbandment of electoral college.

3. One year of publicly funded primary campaigning - Compulsory National Open Primary Election (ranked choice) 1 year before Election. - One year of federal election campaigning before election

2. All Government Races are ranked choice.

3. All national/state/local campaign financing is public-federally provided, illegal to accept outside funding or use personal funds

4. Mandated political retirement age of 75, no candidate eligible if their term would last beyond 75.

5. 3 Term limit for all congressional
seats (5 year terms) and POTUS (5 year terms) - 20 year term limit for Supreme Court, Federal Judges, and State Supreme Courts

6. Congress, POTUS, Supreme Court, White House appointed roles all legally forbidden from personal stock investment or personally profiting from company ownership or tax manipulation.

7. Puerto Rico & Hawaii both given referendums for independence or statehood, Washington DC granted statehood, California divided into 2 states: North & South.

8. Reform of House Representation based on population so that current census population directly corresponds with house representation.

8. All non-US citizens with 10 years of continuous residency documentation eligible to vote

i think all of these are great ideas.

is there a push for Hawaiian independence?

i think all of these are great ideas.

is there a push for Hawaiian independence?

There was a long standing Hawaiian independence movement but with very little traction or public support, maybe 15% of the population and almost all of it on Kuai and the Big Island. Since Covid though, it has grown in popularity as the islanders have wanted more autonomy over the islands and who gets to visit under what circumstances. They blame mainlanders for the out breaks in the islands.

You all realize Hawaiian independence would mean it would either remain under US domination stripped of its power to influence US policy directly or would immediately fall under the domination of China. Independence would end badly for them.

You all realize Hawaiian independence would mean it would either remain under US domination stripped of its power to influence US policy directly or would immediately fall under the domination of China. Independence would end badly for them.

why would it fall under the dominion of China

Why couldn’t Hawaii be an independent nation like the other Polynesian nations? Also, I think it’s far more likely that Hawaii could become a Japanese territory than Chinese.

It’s like the random personal request thrown into an otherwise good list like it’s the stump speech for class President. We need these very important X, Y, Z for the school oh and also canned nachos in the vending machine.

Why couldn’t Hawaii be an independent nation like the other Polynesian nations? Also, I think it’s far more likely that Hawaii could become a Japanese territory than Chinese.

It’s strategic location allows it to dominate the sea lanes crossing the Pacific. That’s a big reason it was colonized in the first place. The US leaving will just create a vacuum that will immediately be filled by another imperial power.

It’s strategic location allows it to dominate the sea lanes crossing the Pacific. That’s a big reason it was colonized in the first place. The US leaving will just create a vacuum that will immediately be filled by another imperial power.

Fwiw, I think Hawaiian succession has a very low probability of passing a referendum.

It's probably a bad idea to have an AG who the previous Dem president nominated for SCOTUS in order to pacify Republicans.

If DOJ is bond by a February 2020 memo Barr sent out about avoiding being political in election years, that practically means DOJ can only enforce the law on political candidates in off-years. Given our perpetual election cycle, that means they're basically untouchable.

Last edited:
Back