• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

The Dems need to get rid of Pelosi NOW! She is too easy a target and it works. Her replacement needs to be much younger.

Trump is whiny with his whole “it’s fake news, I should sue” then of course being true. Or maybe Trump calling people childish names if they don’t agree with him...he just pouts. That mother fucker is whiny!

Not sure what you're meaning to suggest with this post, if anything at all. But while my Kennedy fatigue isn't as significant as my Clinton or Bush fatigue, I am in no way looking to vote for someone because his or her last name is Kennedy. And if a male Kennedy wants to run for national office, his sexual history needs to be checked 10x over.

Agreed. I know people like him and it's not good to dismiss someone because of who their family is, but this is a huge missed opportunity to bring someone new to the stage.

Agreed. I know people like him and it's not good to dismiss someone because of who their family is, but this is a huge missed opportunity to bring someone new to the stage.

I don't really care who it is. But the amount of womanizing that the Kennedy men have done is legendary. The thought of a Kennedy running for national office in this current climate makes my arms flail and my mouth repeat "Danger Will Robinson".

I'm shocked it isn't a woman given the climate and people are much more excited about women Dems than men Dems nowadays.

Not sure what you're meaning to suggest with this post, if anything at all. But while my Kennedy fatigue isn't as significant as my Clinton or Bush fatigue, I am in no way looking to vote for someone because his or her last name is Kennedy. And if a male Kennedy wants to run for national office, his sexual history needs to be checked 10x over.

I don't mean to suggest anything, my feelings are mixed so I decided to present without comment. On the one hand, he's been great in clips I've seen of him talking. On the other, a man from a famous political family doesn't seem right for the current climate. But I also don't know if anyone else was interested, seems like a thankless job.

ETA: one more thing, I was relieved they picked someone young.

Shannon Watts from Mom's Demand was trying to get CNN to air a response from activists. If it was the SOTU followed by Kennedy and then by Brittany Packnett, I think it would have been great.

Last edited:
I think some of the olds (not Bernie) will pull out if there are young vibrant candidates they like. They just want to give voters choices.
I think Bernie is looking for someone who is more than just young and "vibrant". I doubt he would oppose a Tulsi Gabbard or Elizabeth Warren-type progressive. But yeah, he might not roll over for Cory Booker or whatever young automaton the DNC rolls out. The further that Bernie drags the Dem candidate left during the primary, the harder it will be for them to go right during the election.

I think Bernie is looking for someone who is more than just young and "vibrant". I doubt he would oppose a Tulsi Gabbard or Elizabeth Warren-type progressive. But yeah, he might not roll over for Cory Booker or whatever young automaton the DNC rolls out. The further that Bernie drags the Dem candidate left during the primary, the harder it will be for them to go right during the election.

I don't think that usually matters much and I definitely don't think it will matter this time.

I don't think Bernie will pull out for anybody. My worry with Bernie is that younger, better messengers for the progressive wing won't run because they think Bernie is going to run and he has a built in progressive base.

I don't think that usually matters much and I definitely don't think it will matter this time.

I don't think Bernie will pull out for anybody. My worry with Bernie is that younger, better messengers for the progressive wing won't run because they think Bernie is going to run and he has a built in progressive base.

Bernie does have the name recognition and popularity now, so it might be best for him to remain relevant for as long as possible while the progressive wing develops a bench.

I don't mean to suggest anything, my feelings are mixed so I decided to present without comment. On the one hand, he's been great in clips I've seen of him talking. On the other, a man from a famous political family doesn't seem right for the current climate. But I also don't know if anyone else was interested, seems like a thankless job.

ETA: one more thing, I was relieved they picked someone young.

Shannon Watts from Mom's Demand was trying to get CNN to air a response from activists. If it was the SOTU followed by Kennedy and then by Brittany Packnett, I think it would have been great.

Someone should tell him not to bring a water bottle with him.

Not sure if it's a thankless job. More of a job where the party thinks let's try a fresh face each year and see if it sticks. Which is a pretty good approach.

Bernie’s popularity is more about his recognition of class issues and that he’s not Hillary. I don’t think it’s about his policies or personality. He’s easily replaceable and should be replaced.

Bernie’s popularity is more about his recognition of class issues and that he’s not Hillary. I don’t think it’s about his policies or personality. He’s easily replaceable and should be replaced.
His policies and his recognition of class issues are the same thing. "Recognizing" issues and not having policy goals for them is more a centrist thing. I also think his personality is a major part of his popularity. He's a rascally, angry old man that stokes outrage. Every Dem candidate that runs in the primary is going to be running on outrage.

His policies and his recognition of class issues are the same thing. "Recognizing" issues and not having policy goals for them is more a centrist thing. I also think his personality is a major part of his popularity. He's a rascally, angry old man that stokes outrage. Every Dem candidate that runs in the primary is going to be running on outrage.

I really hope not, but you're probably right. If they do, hopefully it's outrage against policy, and not the institution in general as our current president is doing.

No. "This is a problem" and "this is how to solve the problem" are different things completely. "Free college" and "$15" aren't policies. They're slogans.

I don't think his personality is party of his appeal at all. Young progressives would quickly flock to Gabbard or anybody else who voices their concerns. Bernie was "not Hillary" at a time people were desperate for "not Hillary."

Do you really think young progressives would rather support this?

Over this?

Back