• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing Dem Debacle Thread: Commander will kill us all

lol the DCCC is kneecapping progressive Dems all over the country. They're scared of a potential constituency that actually expects something of them. As it is, the Democratic establishment thinks their only responsibilty is performative outrage. As long as Dem politicians are mad at those rascally Republicans then we have to be satisfied.

agree it's shitty but hard to argue it seems to be a bad bet to unseat the incumbent when the woman's got quotes like that our there

In a November 2014 article, Moser said she’d rather have her “teeth pulled without anesthesia” than live in Texas.

This is intentionally misleading.

On my pathetic writer's salary, I could live large in Paris, Texas, where my grandparents' plantation-style house recently sold for $129,000. Oh, but wait-my income would be a fraction of what it is here and I'd have very few opportunities to increase it. (Plus I'd sooner have my teeth pulled out without anesthesia, but that's a story for another day.) Living in a city, especially one with as many big-money job possibilities as this one, comes with a heavy surcharge-that's just the way it goes.

The quote was about not wanting to live in the small town where her grandparents live. She's running for office in Houston.

I mean, it's not that much better with context plus you get the awful soundbite. Politics is a nightmare

The national Dems should be helping all of us make the best choice. Putting oppo research out there that could kneecap their candidate in the general is smart.

I mean, it's not that much better with context plus you get the awful soundbite. Politics is a nightmare

Then let her opponents go after her, don't put deliberately misleading quotes on the DCCC website.

The national Dems should be helping all of us make the best choice. Putting oppo research out there that could kneecap their candidate in the general is smart.

That would be fair if they put out oppo research for every candidate in the race. Right now its just Laura Moser and Republican Rick Saccone.

The national Dems should be helping all of us

fify

The DCCC, DNC, Emily's List, ect. are often in the bag for whichever candidate can demonstratably raise the most funds the fastest. Even if that candidate is unpopoular and got their ass whipped in the last race. It's called the "rolodex test". Guess which candidates pass the rolodex test? It's not the ones who refuse corporate donations. It's not the ones who rely on small donations.

unfortunately there's just not a lot of examples of underfunded candidates beating well-funded candidates

unfortunately there's just not a lot of examples of underfunded candidates beating well-funded candidates
Its not a matter of being underfunded, it's a matter of the establishment being terribly inefficient and out of date in how they campaign in local and state races.

No Message. No Money. No Mystery
The party that steps on its dick hard enough to lose Alabama by running a Yomesite Sam looking pedophile doesn't have any room to speak. Your dipshit politicians are doing everything humanly possible to lose control of the country. The only thing going for the Republican party is that you have a huge loyal voting base of old white people who get aroused by guns and racism. The minute that your party leadership is divided on either of those topics you all will crumble.

Nancy Pelosi is a great leader if you want the shit-spittle stuttering double speak..

Of course, as Lubes, that’s precisely want you want.

Nancy has been really struggling to speak of late..I heard someone heckled her the other night with “shut up and dribble”

2020 Dems staff up

“Most cycles you’ve got maybe four or five people starting this early. What’s different isn’t what people are doing, it’s how many. I talked to another consultant yesterday who is keeping a tally, and he said 53 different people or their staff have already talked to them about how to make this work,” said veteran Democratic operative Joe Trippi, Howard Dean’s 2004 campaign manager. "But even if it’s really 15, that’s a big difference from other years.”

“My biggest terror right now is that three or four of my clients might get into this thing,” said one Democratic strategist, echoing a sentiment shared by multiple others.

everyone's running.

Sounds like a mad dash to lock up staffers who have done poorly in the past. If I was a current politician thinking about running in 2020, I’d keep my core staff and charge them with keeping an eye on staffers in swing state House races. Cultivate relationships with them and hire the ones who are most successful in November. Then pluck a few people from Indivisible and Emily’s List.

Back