• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

I look forward to Trump getting his fascist regime in place so he can then shoot 18 on one of his par 72 golf courses. That might actually be his primary reasoning for wanting to be king.

Foxx is absurd.

"This Thursday, I joined Ranking Member James Comer (R-KY) and my Republican colleagues on the House Oversight Committee in laying out the next steps on our investigation into the Biden family’s international business dealings. Our aim is simple: To determine whether these activities compromise U.S. national security and President Biden’s ability to lead with impartiality. Hunter and other members of the Biden family have a pattern of peddling access to the highest levels of government to enrich themselves. It’s time that the American people get answers."

We’re going to see Fox News conspiracy theories go public and land with a thud. It’s possible Hunter Biden could be the Stop the Steal of 2024.

Foxx is absurd.

"This Thursday, I joined Ranking Member James Comer (R-KY) and my Republican colleagues on the House Oversight Committee in laying out the next steps on our investigation into the Biden family’s international business dealings. Our aim is simple: To determine whether these activities compromise U.S. national security and President Biden’s ability to lead with impartiality. Hunter and other members of the Biden family have a pattern of peddling access to the highest levels of government to enrich themselves. It’s time that the American people get answers."

christ, Republican can’t see the forest through the trees. I am not saying that the Biden’s are clean, I doubt anyone in congress is, but mar-a-lago had open doors if you had the money.

christ, Republican can’t see the forest through the trees. I am not saying that the Biden’s are clean, I doubt anyone in congress is, but mar-a-lago had open doors if you had the money.
As usual, this is nothing but petty and vindictive payback. As Trumpites see it, Democrats went after Trump in a blatantly partisan witch hunt so now they're just returning the favor. The fact that there was a great deal of evidence of Trump's endless corruption is either lost on them or they just don't care. My guess is that the Great Hunter Biden Investigation will turn into Benghazi: The Sequel - endless investigations and lots of noise that in the end will reveal mostly nothing.

But it did damage Hillary which was the whole point. Republicans just need a meme like Benghazi! Or CRT! Or Hunter’s laptop! to rally their base and attract media attention.

let us hope the decision to politicize masks has done irreparable damage to the base that gives a shit about that nonsense

As usual, this is nothing but petty and vindictive payback. As Trumpites see it, Democrats went after Trump in a blatantly partisan witch hunt so now they're just returning the favor. The fact that there was a great deal of evidence of Trump's endless corruption is either lost on them or they just don't care. My guess is that the Great Hunter Biden Investigation will turn into Benghazi: The Sequel - endless investigations and lots of noise that in the end will reveal mostly nothing.
God I hope Joe Biden hasn’t blown his load on a White House intern’s dress.

Kevin McCarthy vows (assuming he actually gets to be Speaker) to remove Democrats Omar, Schiff, and Swalwell from their House Committees. House Republicans are certainly focused on improving the economy and fighting crime all right.

From the linked article: "I'll keep that promise," McCarthy said on Fox News. "I will not allow [Swalwell] to be on Intel. You have Adam Schiff who had lied to the American public time and time again. We will not allow him to be on the Intel Committee either." McCarthy concluded by suggesting that Omar was too antisemitic to serve on the Foreign Affairs Committee. He insisted that booting the Democrats from committees was standing up for America's "freedoms."

Link: https://www.rawstory.com/kevin-mccarthy-committee-assignments/

Sounds like Kevin McCarthy hasn't learned the lesson of the 2022 elections.

We can pretty much guarantee there will be some white conservative anti-semites on the Foreign Affairs Committee and they'll have hate for plenty of other religions as well.

Kevin McCarthy vows (assuming he actually gets to be Speaker) to remove Democrats Omar, Schiff, and Swalwell from their House Committees. House Republicans are certainly focused on improving the economy and fighting crime all right.

From the linked article: "I'll keep that promise," McCarthy said on Fox News. "I will not allow [Swalwell] to be on Intel. You have Adam Schiff who had lied to the American public time and time again. We will not allow him to be on the Intel Committee either." McCarthy concluded by suggesting that Omar was too antisemitic to serve on the Foreign Affairs Committee. He insisted that booting the Democrats from committees was standing up for America's "freedoms."

Link: https://www.rawstory.com/kevin-mccarthy-committee-assignments/

I didn’t realize the speaker had the ability to remove committee members from the opposing party - I though committee assignments were proportional to party split and were chosen by party.

I didn’t realize the speaker had the ability to remove committee members from the opposing party - I though committee assignments were proportional to party split and were chosen by party.
Maybe he means he'll whip up his Republican majority to vote them out? This is at least partially revenge for Gosar, IMO.

Back