• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Once got on a morning flight and Paul Ryan was flying coach with the masses. That may be the only thing I can say positively about that guy.

Who proclaimed that?

The Dems should cut a deal with McCarthy for enough of them to leave and immediately leak that they did it.

It’s amazing how many people out there think the Dems and Pubs could work out a deal to install Cheney or Kinzinger as Speaker.

is there anything that could actually happen for Jeffries to become speaker?

I'd be willing to bet that:
1. No way McCarthy would agree to enough that would satisfy the Dems to allow him to be speaker.
2. No way the Dems would trust him enough even if he did "agree" to some sort of deal.

These dudes who wanted to throw out the votes of the American people spend a lot of time talking about how they are doing the work of the American people.

These dudes who wanted to throw out the votes of the American people spend a lot of time talking about how they are doing the work of the American people.
well, yeah they need to get the vote out of the way and sworn in so they can get to the bottom of the #1 thing affecting Americans: Hunter Biden.

I'm drooling. Can't wait until we get to see the laptop contents ! !

Who proclaimed that?

The Dems should cut a deal with McCarthy for enough of them to leave and immediately leak that they did it.

It’s amazing how many people out there think the Dems and Pubs could work out a deal to install Cheney or Kinzinger as Speaker.

She.

If you're curious, click though and find out. I didn't look. It was funny, so I posted.

Having rewatched West Wing for the umpteenth time not too long ago, this is reminding me of the brokered Democratic convention at the end of Season 6. In particular, when Leo says "one night of this is entertaining, two nights we look like idiots." Except the Republicans here looked like idiots from the beginning and it's going to be entertaining until the end.

I get that this was going no fucking where tonight, but I think I would have had the Dems vote no on the motion to adjourn and make them vote at least one more time. Just for shits and giggles (and to continue to make the Pubs look ridiculous).

So what is it about McCarthy they don’t like? That he questioned Trump after J6 before immediately bending the knee?

It's their only play to maintain some semblance of power for themselves. Classic republican. Fiddle while the world burns.

Well for one he appears to suck at vote counting.

But really, I'm not sure if they like anyone. They have leverage so they either want more concessions or someone crazier.

I get that this was going no fucking where tonight, but I think I would have had the Dems vote no on the motion to adjourn and make them vote at least one more time. Just for shits and giggles (and to continue to make the Pubs look ridiculous).

Nah. Better to get 18 hours of shit show coverage before they possibly work it out.

Back