• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

ok, so what the fuck is an abortion reversal

Medical abortions require a woman to take two pills about a day apart. They wanted to stop her from taking the second pill and inject her with hormones for some reason, and then wait to see if she was still pregnant.

On March 3, 2017, the teen, a 17-year-old from El Salvador, took a pill to start her medication abortion, according to the March 6 memo. The teen, presumably in federal custody after entering the country without authorization, told immigration officials her pregnancy was the result of rape. She’d also already secured the permission of a Texas judge to carry out the abortion.

On March 3, 2017, the teen, a 17-year-old from El Salvador, took a pill to start her medication abortion, according to the March 6 memo. The teen, presumably in federal custody after entering the country without authorization, told immigration officials her pregnancy was the result of rape. She’d also already secured the permission of a Texas judge to carry out the abortion.

That’s abhorrent.

For once, Gaetz said, he wasn’t trying to troll the left when he unwittingly invited the infamous right-wing troll. He said his pairing with Johnson was a coincidence. And if anything is ultimately to blame or credit for the situation, Gaetz said, it’s Tallahassee.

yeah, ok

Just as he was absorbing the news Monday about his dad, Gaetz said “another member [of Congress] sent Chuck to me to talk about cannabis and cryptocurrency. So in walks this guy, younger than me, redhead, and we got to talking.”

Neither Gaetz nor Johnson would name the member who introduced them.

I wonder who it could be...

lgf370.jpg

Link

Turns out, all you have to do to swindle your absent minded boss is keep telling him everything is fine. That actually might be the most suspicious thing Ryan has done since Trump got in office. Maybe the Pence campaign really has started...

[h=2]The new Republican Party values are why I left the party[/h]
http://www.chicagonow.com/politics-...blican-party-values-are-why-i-left-the-party/

Many like to believe the face the party shows to the world today of ultra-nationalism, bigotry, and intolerance is new to the GOP. It is not new. The changes in the GOP did not happen radically. They are not the invention of the unimaginative Mr. Trump.
The changes came like a thief in the night, silent, and unnoticed to the public at large. Political parties are good at keeping dirty little secrets hidden from the public.
The change in what was once known as conservative was not going to stay quiet. It began publicly emerging in the 1980s. The re-made GOP holds nearly none of the traditional Republican principles.

Amazing how the Republican Party is rallying around Carter Page.

That's a really good article and the exact same thing I discussed with another former Republican recently...we're voting straight ballot Democrat (with some independents who can win) until the Republican Party returns to sanity. And even then it will be really hard to support the GOP again.

[h=2]The new Republican Party values are why I left the party[/h]
http://www.chicagonow.com/politics-...blican-party-values-are-why-i-left-the-party/

this is a good piece. I used to consider myself a Reagan/Goldwater-ish Republican, and thought the party was more grounded in the real world than the statist utopian fantasies of the Democrats. Over my adult life, the party has become ever more xenophobic, racist, nihilist, and willfully ignorant. I still subscribe to a lot of traditionally conservative ideals, but the party that claims to be conservative left them behind and is now just reactionary.

You'll like his other pieces as well. http://www.chicagonow.com/politics-now/2018/02/

Here's one on Gina Collias, a self-described "progressive, rational Republican" running against Rep. Patrick McHenry (NC-10, parts of Asheville to Gastonia) in the primary.
http://www.chicagonow.com/politics-...f-the-house-gop-leadership-in-north-carolina/

Her campaign slogan is “Government with a moral compass.” On Healthcare, she states, “No hardworking American family should go broke trying to keep their families healthy.” She is not one of the Repeal Obamacare crowd. She believes we should fix the problems with the Affordable Care Act and not scrap the law.

She departs with her opponent in her views on the Environment. She believes in a balanced approach. Balance seems to be a theme with Ms. Collias.

While President Trump was sneering on Twitter about the Women’s March last month, Gina Collias, a Republican, was asked to speak at the march. News media put the attendance at around 2,000 attendees. That is a significant number to assemble in a mostly rural area.

In her speech, Ms. Collias stated, “I am a progressive, rational Republican.” Conventional wisdom says a progressive Republican cannot win a GOP primary in a Red State. Ms. Collias rejects that notion. She firmly believes if the independents, the unaffiliated, and Democrats pull a GOP ballot in the Primary Election, as well as unhappy Republicans, she can beat conventional wisdom.

Last edited:

Back