• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

GOP Senate Hopeful Cooks Books, Skirts Donation Limits

GOP Senate candidate in Montana is running his campaign through the same committee he used in 2014 to run for Congress. The committee still technically owes the candidate from loans he made to it for his own race. There's no limit to donations to pay down that debt. So people that have maxed out their donations to his campaign are donating to pay down the past loans. They're essentially giving money to the candidate that he can then loan to his campaign.

On 5/14 the committee paid the Rosendale $32,831. On 5/15 the Rosendale loaned $32,831 to his campaign.

Nine donors stepped up in April and May to help retire the campaign’s debt to Rosendale, including Rastin, Wright, Home Depot founder Bernie Marcus and his wife Wilma, veteran political consultant Roy Pfautch, and Texas oil tycoons Wayne and Gayle Laufer. Eight of the nine donors had already maxed out to the Rosendale campaign. The debt retirement contributions would’ve put all nine of them over the per-election limit for individual contributors had they gone towards the Rosendale campaign’s 2018 coffers.

Good God almighty.

Also, all white guys.

That’s fake though. Kind of a bad lip reading thing right?

Still makes me take pause at the Nerf gun camp my friends’ kid starts tomorrow.

Ryan scraps 'abolish ICE' vote

House Republicans wanted to bring up Pocan's ICE bill for a vote hoping to force Dems to take a side. But Paul Ryan was worried Dems would make them look bad. So now they're voting on a resolution that will express support for ICE (?) Who do they think is deciding their vote in November based on this?

BTW, if Republicans think getting members to take sides on an unpopular policy will impact the voting in 2018, I have something to tell them about that tax bill.

An article on the Fox News website criticizing Trump's performance at the summit (shocking, I know), had this gem of a post in the comments section. Assuming it's not a Russian bot (always a big if nowadays), it's quite revealing about what really motivates the Trumpite base: "All this fun and President Trump will still be re-elected. Lefties, that's just gotta sting. I'm so glad I voted for Trump. I'm even more glad that we don't live one blood clot or heart attack away from a Tim Kaine Presidency! (remember THAT dweeb? ~shudder~) Life is soooo good!"

As long as it pisses off libruls, it must be good. And any Republican who disagrees must be a traitor to the cause. Who cares what Trump said at the summit? Who cares if he's seriously damaging our relationships with our closest allies? Who cares if he was clearly suckered by Kim and now reveals himself to be Putin's bitch? Are liberals upset? Yes? Then it's all good!

Gosh we certainly wouldn't want a "dweeb" as president. Not when we can have a demented cyber-bully who talks tough in public but gets rolled by every two-bit dictator who can get a private meeting with him.

Just ran across this gem and thought this was as good a place as any to post it. There are some straight whack jobs out there and apparently they gather at Captain Tom's Seafood in Kernersville. WTAF

https://triad-city-beat.com/local-conservative-activists-prepare-violent-confrontation-islam/

That's from last year and supposedly, Capt. Tom's spoke out against it and didn't condone what happened.

I haven't been back to Capt. Tom's though. Partially because of this incident and partially because it's greasy fried food.

One of those is a good reason not to go. I’d kill for some greasy fried fish right now.

Ted Budd is going the pre-screened call in questions on a webinar as well for the congressional break.

Well maybe Islamophobia should matter a little more to you.

It does. That's a good reason not to go. Not going to a restaurant because of greasy fried food is silly.

Ted Budd is going the pre-screened call in questions on a webinar as well for the congressional break.

So brave. Budd's Dem challenger has raised significantly more money than him so far. Think he'll respond to a question about that?

Oof, looking into the details, it appears half of Budd's funds have been donated by conservative PACs and other members of congress.

(Tough district, obviously.)

Just ran across this gem and thought this was as good a place as any to post it. There are some straight whack jobs out there and apparently they gather at Captain Tom's Seafood in Kernersville. WTAF

https://triad-city-beat.com/local-conservative-activists-prepare-violent-confrontation-islam/

“All those women who showed up in DC who appear to be mainstream and supported her, raved about how she’s so great don’t realize that she’s the same one who agrees with sharia law and will be person who stands beside ’em and also the same person who slices their neck,”

They gonna slice yer neck! :willynilly:

Screen_Shot_2018-07-15_at_10.30.10_AM.png

Conspiracy theorist QAnon promoted, then deleted, by Hillsborough County GOP

Back