• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Tough loss storm, looks like you pretty much kept it status quo and it just wasn't enough. tough to lose in the EE two seasons in a row, hope I didn't talk you out of making changes!

Boca Raton 60
Fort Worth 69

Boca's run has ended to the top team in the land and I'm not sure that I could have tweaked it any differently. Both SFs defensively forced multiple timeouts on the in bounds passes, so putting Atkins there would've likely been a disaster.

We did manage to hold them to their 3rd lowest scoring performance of the season while their defense smothered us for our lowest of the season.

Atkins had 18 pts and 2 turnovers as he held Hinton to 14 pts.
Cochran only had 14 and I tried tweaking him to shoot a bit more as I felt the advantage we had would be at PF. He shot 5/8, just not enough shots in my opinion.
Sims held Truong to 5/13 which was a huge factor. Wish he had passed those off to Cochran.
Boca only had 5 FTs during the game which also hurt our chances.

Disappointed at the loss and lack of 1st Final Four appearance but we're only losing Cochran out of our starters, so a little recruiting luck and we might have a chance to get back here with Poisson, Atkins and Gonzalez being Seniors next season.

:tear:

Tough loss storm, looks like you pretty much kept it status quo and it just wasn't enough. tough to lose in the EE two seasons in a row, hope I didn't talk you out of making changes!

You and Warak both had strong feelings against such drastic changes, not to mention my own. I tweaked the shot settings to try and get more shots in the spots where I felt they were weak and less where they were strong.

Had we gotten more FTs and less shots from Truong, it may have been a different game.

Last edited:
DeACCon Schedule

Boca Raton is Submitted:
Exhibition Opponents
Chicago
Flagstaff
Waterloo

Regular Season Opponents
Frankfort
Philadelphia
Dearborn

Glad to have the yearly series with Dearborn renewed. :) Philly and Frankfort 1-2... OUCH.

Cincys run in the PTT comes to end in ridiculous fashion - up 8 with 3 minutes to go sees Newsrk wipe that down to 1 with 10 seconds only to foul my 80% free throw shooter - who promptly misses the frOnt end of a 1-1 and they hit a deuce with 4 seconds left to make Cincy lose - bull crap all around.

Sorry for the tough losses Storm and DaDeacs.

Frankfort won ugly sitting the Sr's and giving some Frosh more PT.

For some reason, my regular season games didn't take...

Exhibition Opponents
Duluth
Chicago
Flagstaff

Regular Season Opponents
None
None
None

..will re-submit...

We're making some progress in the loser's bracket, pushing our PR to #21. Boyd Cason had 39 points and 3 steals to pace us in our 90-71 win over Casper. Roswell, who just beat Nashville, is up next. Should be a nice battle between SGs.

Here is the DeACCon Tourney Schedule:

Team...E1....E2....E3....R1....R2....R3

...where your team number is the first column, the exhibition games are E1-3, and regular season games are R1-3. Please request carefully, and note that you should request the games in order. Please post your games when your requests have been processed for validation.

moving up to current page

Ugh. 0-4 in the NTT now for Fargo after we go down by 10 to 16-seed Sacramento. Next up is a Wilkes-Barre team that conference rival Aberdeen just beat by 17. No excuses not to get the first win in that one.

Exhibition Opponents
Carbondale
Evansville
Rochester

Regular Season Opponents
Eugene
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati

Submitted my games tonight, i'll post what I get after the wednesday upload.

Exhibition Opponents
Eugene
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati

Regular Season Opponents
Rochester
Evansville
Duluth

Odessa somehow makes it to the final 4 of PTT!!! I don't know how I keep on winning, but it happens. I feel like the Broncos this past year, winning so many close games. Ruis a monster like always going for 22pts, 9 boards. Got Bethlehem next week, and that will be a tough one. Though he is a lower seed, he statistically looks like he should be in the NTT. Lets hope for a miracle, and a chance at playing for the PTT title. Trying to make the Deacs proud

Also, Storm, I hate Ft Worth even more now. Freaking douchebag.

Cincys run in the PTT comes to end in ridiculous fashion - up 8 with 3 minutes to go sees Newsrk wipe that down to 1 with 10 seconds only to foul my 80% free throw shooter - who promptly misses the frOnt end of a 1-1 and they hit a deuce with 4 seconds left to make Cincy lose - bull crap all around.

S:( This sucks. I don't know how your team always has these great games and then in a couple of minutes chokes. I have seen it multiple times, and it is heartbreaking man. I was hoping to meet you in the finals. That FT thing is really stupid

Exhibition Opponents
Cincinnati
Fargo
Eugene

Regular Season Opponents
Pittsburgh
Odessa
Rochester

#heyladies

Here's my schedule. Im getting nervous about recruiting. If i dont win a tie im going to end up with a horrible class.

Exhibition Opponents
Rochester
Odessa
Carbondale

Regular Season Opponents
Evansville
Fargo
Eugene

Farewell Seniors!

Now that I'm done :tear:, I figure it's as good as any to say good bye to the class of 69.

Class of 69
The class of 69 was ranked 14/26 by the magazines and had exceptional potential. They enjoy the distinct pleasure of having reached the sweet 16 three times and the elite 8 twice. They are the first class in Boca history to have ever won 20 games each of their seasons going 84-10 as of this writing. Additionally, they are the first Boca class to graduate with 4 straight top 10 final Season RPIs reaching #3 twice. As seniors their only losses were to #1 and #2 with 2 games remaining.

This class would have likely done greater things if not for the +18 class of 70. Mo Poisson, Erin Atkins and Michael Gonzalez all had an impact on Joseph Schmidt, Albert Mask and Leon Cochran limiting their playing time.

Joseph Schmidt 6'3 +3 GFGFGF
Schmidt played bPG for 3 seasons but with Mo Poisson +6 and the eventual signing of Jake Evans +7, he really had no shot at starting and eventually lost playing time all together. As a backup, Joseph he averaged 4.7 ppg, 1.7 apg, 1 rbpg and 0.4 turnovers.

Albert Mask 6'4 +4 GGGFFG
Mask was an exciting get when he signed with Boca. He had averaged just over 20 ppg in high school and 1.3 steals. As a FR in exhibition against Frankfort, Mask had a career high 19. He was to be Boca's future at SG. Then the class of 70 changed all that. Coach Stormfury fell in love with +5 SG Erin Atkins and a series of horrible scrimmages for Mask slipped him into a career backup player. Albert took playing 2nd string in stride and contributed solidly. 5.4 ppg, 1.1 reb, 0.6 apg, 0.3 turnovers.

Leon Cochran 6'7 +4 GGFFGG
The only member of the class that wasn't completely limited by the class of 70, Leon found a way to contribute to the Storm his whole career. He leaves with the top spot in Boca's career steals, currently 104, and Free Throws Made, currently 235. 2 ahead of former teammate Bert Hutchings. Cochran started 3 seasons at PF and split time there his SO season when Hutchings owned the SF spot and +7 Michael Gonzalez joined Boca. Even at the backup spot, Cochran found a way to contribute with deft hands a sweet stroke. He finishes his career with 11.1 ppg, 5 rbpg, 1.8 apg, 1.1 stlpg, 0.6 topg.

The biggest impact Boca will feel from this class graduating is at PF and to some degree bSG. Farewell Seniors.

S:( This sucks. I don't know how your team always has these great games and then in a couple of minutes chokes. I have seen it multiple times, and it is heartbreaking man. I was hoping to meet you in the finals. That FT thing is really stupid

Yeah - forgot to send out congrats, was wallowing in my despair last night, then I took my shirt off and danced the night away....

Do work in the final 4.

Also, I am set with my deaccon matchups.

Odessa somehow makes it to the final 4 of PTT!!! I don't know how I keep on winning, but it happens. I feel like the Broncos this past year, winning so many close games. Ruis a monster like always going for 22pts, 9 boards. Got Bethlehem next week, and that will be a tough one. Though he is a lower seed, he statistically looks like he should be in the NTT. Lets hope for a miracle, and a chance at playing for the PTT title. Trying to make the Deacs proud

Also, Storm, I hate Ft Worth even more now. Freaking douchebag.

Thanks and I'm living through you now. GO get that PTT title!

Odd fact that my bro in Odessa hasn't mentioned. Ruis has been playing at a 9 health the entire PTT. He apparently refuses to get hurt any worse and just keeps powering through. Great finish to his season.

i feel like i say this every season but i think this is the season that i break through the max/tie drought...i only have 2 chances but either one of them instantly improves my team and could take us back into a top 20 program!

just FYI...S60-S69: current streak = 4-35 (1-3/3, 1-2/2 and 2-1/1) :sick:

really needed a player last season and had great situations (3x 2/2 and 1x 1/1) on impressive Centers but came up empty.

0-8 the last 2 seasons has really hurt the team, and it has shown in my rankings, but i am trying to stir up some optimism for this Saturday!

big money...no whammies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:koolaid:

Back