• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Been lurking for a while, finally decided to join. I'm Scranton in conference 3.

Hello. Im Pittsburgh in conference 3. Our division is pretty terrible. By pretty terrible I mean really terrible. I've won the regular season the past 2 years with a ranking in about the 80s. Scranton has been decent the last few years as far as in-conference goes. Good luck

Speaking of commiserating, an ugly but not unexpected start to the season from Fargo as Carbondale took us behind the shed in a game that was not as close as the final 19 points. Confirmation that we are not ready to be competitive with the top teams and that we need a serious injection of defense into the lineup. Somehow we did a decent job on Cason but a miserable one on everyone else.

If it's any consolation, I've got 4 starters that are Exc shot and we're +13 in shooting overall. Good job slowing down reigning L7 POY Boyd Cason. Campos impressed me with his play against my PG (who I recruited mostly for his defense). Good game and good luck the rest of the season!

Been lurking for a while, finally decided to join. I'm Scranton in conference 3.

Welcome! Don't worry about spending recruiting points yet - wait til next Wednesday. Spending RP's too soon (before understanding how recruiting works) is the most common mistake new coaches make. Work on navigating the site (not entirely intuitive) and setting a lineup for tonight's game. Are you a small or large program?

Evansville vs Fargo Wheatsuckers: L, 85-82

Tough loss. Only got 37 points from Lawson/Bueno. Probably going to need more from that duo if I want to win on a nightly basis. Homer Davies added 13 points and 8 rebounds, and Sean Zambrano had a bit of a letdown (shooting just 2/7 with just 4 rebounds).

Boca 73
Flagstaff 59

Flagstaff had the defensive clamps put on us tonight by an extremely talented Boca Raton team. I might go as far as saying they are the best team in the country and that Gonzalez may be the best defender in the land. His game tonight was nasty against an Exc shooting 6'11 Paul Livingston who has killed it at SF in scrimmages.

Glad to see Gene Macklin play some great defense on Erin Atkins and for Rene Naquin playing really well down low against a lot of young post skill from Boca. Good game storm, i'm actually pretty happy about the score as I thought it may be worse. We'll get by this year with defense and Naquin carrying us. Just need to start tinkering with shooting ratings and I think I may be okay. Really like my lone freshman max win in Nick Weaver. Seems like he's going to be a valuable player for us.

Thanks for the game storm and good luck this season.

Time to show off your Excel skills. :plos:

I also upgraded for this season - that thing is a migraine waiting to happen.

Pleased with Fargo's effort tonight, especially on the glass, but I get the feeling we've been lucky so far this year in getting sub-par efforts from other team's stars. Regardless, I'm happy to not have to worry about going o'fer in the DeACCon and good luck to Carbondale and Evansville the rest of the season.

Another double digit loss for Cincy - I think it is safe to say my defense will not allow me to play a normal game and I am going to have to go back to slow.

My team hasn't gelled yet and I need to find the right starters and the right shot amounts - my E shooting PG scored a lot, but was only 9/21 from the field.

Nice work Redwing

Time to show off your Excel skills. :plos:

I don't use excel at all :p If that's all I could use, I think I would go insane. Or maybe I already am. either way it would be painful...

Boca 73
Flagstaff 59

Flagstaff had the defensive clamps put on us tonight by an extremely talented Boca Raton team. I might go as far as saying they are the best team in the country and that Gonzalez may be the best defender in the land. His game tonight was nasty against an Exc shooting 6'11 Paul Livingston who has killed it at SF in scrimmages.

Glad to see Gene Macklin play some great defense on Erin Atkins and for Rene Naquin playing really well down low against a lot of young post skill from Boca. Good game storm, i'm actually pretty happy about the score as I thought it may be worse. We'll get by this year with defense and Naquin carrying us. Just need to start tinkering with shooting ratings and I think I may be okay. Really like my lone freshman max win in Nick Weaver. Seems like he's going to be a valuable player for us.

Thanks for the game storm and good luck this season.

Great game Tau! Thanks for the compliment. I don't want to accept such high praise until we win an NTT title. As I mentioned this season's our best chance based on talent and 3 super seniors. Very curious to see how we fair against tough tough competition coming up in Waterloo, Frankfort, Philly and Dearborn. Man what a brutal start to the season 70 campaign.

I have to say that I am very surprised and pleased that we won a game in which Atkins only scored 9. He doesn't score in the single digits very often so for us to still get a win despite that is great. If you don't mind sharing, is Macklin E defense? As far play, I'll share some info on Gonzalez. He is E def, E hands and G ath.

Great game Tau! Thanks for the compliment. I don't want to accept such high praise until we win an NTT title. As I mentioned this season's our best chance based on talent and 3 super seniors. Very curious to see how we fair against tough tough competition coming up in Waterloo, Frankfort, Philly and Dearborn. Man what a brutal start to the season 70 campaign.

I have to say that I am very surprised and pleased that we won a game in which Atkins only scored 9. He doesn't score in the single digits very often so for us to still get a win despite that is great. If you don't mind sharing, is Macklin E defense? As far play, I'll share some info on Gonzalez. He is E def, E hands and G ath.

Yea I figured Gonzalez was a monster. And I wouldn't worry about Atkins doing poorly against Macklin, he does that to people. He's a +7 with Exc defense and G Ath and G INT. Best defender i've ever had in L7.

How many people are going after Clark McCoy? Storm Rating 21.50 with potentially +9 attributes. I'm guessing he'll be 8/8 or worse, however based on my scrimmages I'd think twice about him. Solid player but not worth a huge tie IMO.

I'm targeting guards so figured I would share McCoy's numbers after 25 games starting at Center.
50%/30%/88% - 11.44 ppg, 7.36 rb, 1.84 a, 1.4 bl, 0.5 stl, 0.56 to.

I've narrowed my search a bit and I think I have my 4 maxes but I want another round of scrimmages before committing or naming them.

How many people are going after Clark McCoy? Storm Rating 21.50 with potentially +9 attributes. I'm guessing he'll be 8/8 or worse, however based on my scrimmages I'd think twice about him. Solid player but not worth a huge tie IMO.

I'm targeting guards so figured I would share McCoy's numbers after 25 games starting at Center.
50%/30%/88% - 11.44 ppg, 7.36 rb, 1.84 a, 1.4 bl, 0.5 stl, 0.56 to.

I've narrowed my search a bit and I think I have my 4 maxes but I want another round of scrimmages before committing or naming them.
McCoy was on my shortlist.

Not really sure right now though.

If I am 1 region away and the guy is Poor+ local, what are my chances? Worth a shot at maxing? Or keep in the net?

I really like him, scoring guard with great hands.

Apparently not that bad. I lost a local recruit with Poor+ Local to a team in his region.

LOL to the repper - you guessed it. He is probs going to be one of my maxes - but if I am going against someone here, I am likely to lose....

In the 10 scrimmages I have run, he is putting up 22/3.3/3.1 with only 0.8 TOs per 30 minutes.

I don't even want to recruit. Has anybody else felt like this after having such a bad class?

Back