• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

A lot of people on Fargo's (currently sprawling) list getting mentioned - Cervantes, Hill, Kelly, Calderon - and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I like Cervantes in particular a whole lot and there's a pretty good chance we'll be on him as well, warak.

A lot of people on Fargo's (currently sprawling) list getting mentioned - Cervantes, Hill, Kelly, Calderon - and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I like Cervantes in particular a whole lot and there's a pretty good chance we'll be on him as well, warak.

If his prefs were not bad for me, I would have maxed him too. I think Cervantes is going to be a huge tie.

I'll be importing scrim data for the next couple of hours... I suppose this is what I get for waiting until the last couple of days of pre-recruiting.

Pulled out a 76-74 victory over Odessa in OT. I'm still trying to sort out how I want to run my PG position, but I'm really happy with the consistency of my 2, 3, and 4. My problem this season will be depth at SG and possibly PF. I have to pull in a decent class though, or I'll be in real trouble next season.

Flagstaff 60
Philadelphia 52

Big win tonight to start the season off on the right foot for Flagstaff. Just to be honest I didn't think there was a chance in the world that I won this game tonight, and honestly, can't really tell you how I did looking at the box score. Gene Macklin was our leading scorer with 14. Both teams had the defense turned up and we played a classic Big-10 style game, which is a big difference from the style of play Flagstaff employed last season. We only shot 23-61 from the floor but held Philly to an almost equally bad 22-54. Have to give credit to my guys from getting to the line, having 10 more free throws attempted. The bench came through again, outscoring Philly 21-19, which I'll certainly take against a team as deep and talented as Philly. Up next, Duluth, who looks poised for another good season even after a sub-par recruiting class by his standards. Certainly didn't think this going into this year but i'm quietly really liking how my team is gelling together.

Boca Raton 73
Frankfort 62

Huge win for the Storm tonight, Erin Atkins led the way with 19 pts, Jake Evans had 12 and Mo Poisson 10. It was a very tight match and I believe the 2 differences were 53% shooting vs 48% and 10 turnovers vs 16 with Boca edging both categories.

Congrats to Tau for knocking off Philadelphia. Makes it very interesting indeed. What was the secret?

As a side note I was a little shocked when I looked at the top 10 Boca Scoring leaders to find that Erin Atkins is no longer on the charts... Something has changed with the Stats pages as I also noticed it's finally showing awards like 1st team, etc. A little disappointing that instead of #7 on the list after his 19 points tonight, he is 122 from #10 now. Not sure how it could have been that far off but if it was and this is the correct # he's got no shot at #1 now. :(

Congrats to Tau for knocking off Philadelphia. Makes it very interesting indeed. What was the secret?

If I knew i'd tell you man. I'm going all in on defense this season and just hoping that my guys can give me enough offense to keep games close. I was able to slow their explosive team down and grind it out. Didn't think in a million years going into this season that I would win consecutive games against Frankfort and Philly. Certainly not going to complain :)

If I knew i'd tell you man. I'm going all in on defense this season and just hoping that my guys can give me enough offense to keep games close. I was able to slow their explosive team down and grind it out. Didn't think in a million years going into this season that I would win consecutive games against Frankfort and Philly. Certainly not going to complain :)

If I subscribe to WFU Basketball, there is no way I can win against Philly now since we pulled the upset tonight! :p

Hopefully my defense can stifle him as well.

So I opened up the boxscore for tonight's game without looking at the final score or who won. I saw that Pittsburgh scored 94 and assumed I lost. Instead, the Rachelwoods started out the season with a very nice 99-94 win. John Lawson had 31 points, Monte Bueno had 25 points and 7 rebounds, and the freshman duo of Sean Zambrano and Homer Davies combined for 16 points and 16 rebounds.

Complete coolness

You might note that there is a TON of new information in the stats pages such as your career head to head records.

http://stats.drivethelane.com/hth/

This appears to be based on your coach not your school as the records are pretty close to what I have in my spreadsheet. 27-0 (I had 26-0) vs Athens for instance. It also has your head to head vs coaches, I guess its possible to switch teams?

You can also look at the various seasons:
70 stormfury 0 - 0 0 - 0 0 / 0 NA
69 stormfury 22 - 2 13 - 0 1 / 1 NTT / 5
68 stormfury 22 - 2 12 - 1 1 / 1 NTT / 5
67 stormfury 21 - 3 13 - 0 1 / 1 NTT / 34
66 stormfury 21 - 3 13 - 0 1 / 1 NTT / 23
65 stormfury 19 - 5 13 - 0 1 / 1 NTT / 23
64 stormfury 19 - 5 13 - 0 1 / 1 NTT / 47
63 stormfury 17 - 7 10 - 3 2 / 2 PTT / 35
62 stormfury 15 - 9 12 - 1 1 / 1 NTT / 62
61 stormfury 17 - 7 11 - 2 2 / 2 PTT / 47
60 stormfury 13 - 11 11 - 2 2 / 2 PTT / 48
59 stormfury 15 - 9 11 - 2 2 / 2 PTT / 47

and on your players you now can see their FoY, PoY, All Conf Team rewards as well as Draft Status and high school.

Ie:
Tony Salazar
Team Boca Raton Storm
Graduating Class 63
Height 6-4
High School Athens
Drafted 30 in round 2, 62 overall

Awards
Freshman Conf Freshman of the Year • All Conf 1st Team
Sophomore All Conf 1st Team
Junior Conf Player of the Year • All Conf 1st Team
Senior All Conf 1st Team

I am super happy about this. Going to spend some time tomorrow figuring out all my former players draft ranking etc.

Fargo got a nice win over Eugene, led by Roger Murdoch's 23 and Branden McDonald's 11 and 6 in 16 minutes off the bench. McDonald has earned himself a spot in the starting lineup though I'm somewhat worried he'll suffer a significant drop in his scoring when he's on a line with other scorers. I need to establish my best line-up by game 5's showdown w/ Denver.

In even better news, I finally started to get some separation in my scrimmages. While I'm not processing anything, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up w/ Cervantes, Michael Noland r31, and Fred Lambert r22 (though I'm a little worried about the G+win outside of the dead zone of c21). Since all 3 look like mid to high ties, I'll probably stick w/ 3 unless I find someone else who I think I could get great value/a CL on.

I have decided on my 4 maxes. Decent players (hopefully) who won't have a lot of other maxes (hopefully) at this point in Pittsburgh's rebuilding process im just trying to fill my team with some talent as compared to the best talent. Here's the list:

Timothy Walker Region 3 (just thought it'd be fun to try to get someone like this)
Tracey Nelson Region 10
Simon Gonzalez Region 11
Bradley Lively Region 26

On the team front we lost a shootout to Evansville 99-94. Freshman PG Bryon Passmore impressed though, finishing with 32 points (only 2 assists). Pretty glad I won that 1/1 tie on him last year. Anyways, we move to 0-4 in the deACCOn tourney. Hopefully we can pull one of these last two out.

Pulled out a 76-74 victory over Odessa in OT. I'm still trying to sort out how I want to run my PG position, but I'm really happy with the consistency of my 2, 3, and 4. My problem this season will be depth at SG and possibly PF. I have to pull in a decent class though, or I'll be in real trouble next season.

Good game to you. Idk what you did, but you made my SGs shoot a shit ton. Good news for me is that Foreman actually had a decent game. IDK why Dicken shot so much. Frierson, off game too. And Justice didn't even shoot, unexcuseable. Your middle of the lineup is real solid.

I need to edit my shooting prefs for all my players, instead of 5/5 for everything (just trying to see how they respond) this tourney is a good measuring stick of how my team fares.

Jersey gave up 90 to Detroit. Jeez, their SF had like 30. My SF's D is so freaking bad. Got to take my lumps and get better through recruiting on that team.

Odessa is hurt because the two NA players just plain suck so bad, so the 10 i have playing are set in stone all season. Picking maxes tomorrow, will post then.

I sent out scrim data to warak and DaDeacs... if anybody else wants anything, let me know. I have data on the following players already mentioned in this thread as maxes: Tracey Nelson, Cervantes, Michael Noland, Clark McCoy. I was planning on netting them, but now obviously I have no plans for them, so the data's up for grabs.

Surprising 80-66 win over Waterloo. They were #20 last year and added a 4/2 class. It was especially surprising because I didn't change my lineup or settings from 5/5. My freshman PF was decent in the exhibition and had 13/7 on 6-9 fg today. May stick with him.

Love the new stats!!!!

Looking back, Boca has had 6 players drafted to the SimBA since I took over.

Bert Hutchings #13 s68
Tony Gonzalez #17 s66
Leon Cochran #29 s69
Tony Salazar #62 s63
DB Cannon #83 s64
Milt Goodwin #123 s66

* none of these #s include current roster players as I only did graduates*
We've had 4 conference FoY, 3 PoY (4 total as Gonzalez did it twice), 14 1st team and 5 2nd team all conference.

Our success hasn't been quite as good at the national level with only 1 all league 2nd team for Tony Gonzalez.

I've played against 96 coaches and 89 teams. By comparison, Coach Awaken has faced off against 166 coaches and 146 teams. :)

RedSox, I would be interested in any data you have on Cervantes or Noland (particularly Noland). They both got heavy run in my scrims, but that only equates to 15-20 games total at a variety of positions.

Oh man, the Bzdeliks that coached in Frankfort before me! Frankfort made the NTT once before me, and every season except three under me.

Last edited:
Back