• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

Next up a tough rematch with Evansville... one of my starters Truong has an injury too meaning he is out for the game against Evansville.

The game tonight should (for like the 4th straight time) provide Evansville with our best chance yet to beat Boca. Last time I said that, we lost by 34.

This time, though, the Rachelwoods are playing their best basketball in years, while the Storm finds itself without PF Brice Truong. I estimate Truong to be Boca's 3rd best player, and his backup this season has been unproven +2 FR Bobby Calzone. This is no small loss for the Storm. Truong has scored 13.6 PPG this season, and I'm not sure who on Boca will slide into their #3 scoring role. Other starters Michael Gonzalez and Sang Vinci are defensive stoppers (with Gonzalez filling a point forward role), and neither are good shooters (combined 41% this year). PG Mo Poisson is a great shooter off of the bench, but it's impossible for Boca to get him significant minutes alongside their top two offensive options, both of whom are guards. There are no other established shooters on the Storm's bench.

Truong has also been an elite defender this season, averaging 2.7 BLK/STL per game. He held Monte Bueno to a miserable 5/14 night in the game earlier this season. Look for Bueno to have at least a slightly better night this time around. I see Boca replacing Truong with either Calzone or Wilbur Cowan, though Cowan is even more unproven than Calzone. Both players lack Truong's overall ability.

I don't think Evansville will pull off the upset, but I'd put the line at Boca Raton -4.5. We still have Boca's absurd defensive prowess to deal with, and Truong is admittedly only one of a host of elite defenders. But hey, THAT'S WHY WE PLAY THE GAMES.

Boca Raton 79
Evansville 74

Great battle in conference 13 tonight between the top 2 teams. John Lawson led all scorers with 22 and Erin Atkins led Boca with 20. Michael Gonzalez held Monte Bueno to 17 points, a couple below his season average. Blake Goodwin filled in at SF and added 17 points. Redsox forgot in his analysis that Gonzalez used to play PF for the Storm and naturally moved over to cover for the injured Truong. :)

This seasons recruiting class is vital if Boca is going to retain it's dominance over C13. Evansville just might be the best team in a season.

Great game Redsox.

Truong is sitting at stamina 8. So I may have to let him rest another game. :( Gotta have him for the inevitable rematch with Evansville in the playoffs and NTT.

Last edited:
Boca Raton Storm 79
Evansville Rachelwoods 74

So my line of Boca -4.5 was right on the money. The Rachelwoods lose their closest matchup with the Storm yet. Incidentally, this is also the closest win that Boca has had all season, so it's hard to truly be upset with Evansville's efforts. John Lawson led all scorers with 22, and Monte Bueno added 17 points and 9 rebounds. We actually outrebounded Boca 35-31, and mostly matched them from 3 point range (3/11 vs 4/10) and at the line (11/13 for both teams). This was a weirdly even game, and it suggests that we could upset Boca as early as next season if our recruiting class outperforms the Storm's. I'm getting really excited that this rivalry might soon actually become just that. We did fall to #63 with the loss, and we'll likely need to beat #51 Ft Myers in Friday's rematch of Evansville's 94-91 win back in Game #5 in order to have a shot at the NTT.

Pittsburgh is having another ho-hum season. Meddling along at 8-5 with a PR of 101. The next two years should be a little more promising as I don't really lose any key players. These next 2 recruiting classes will be pretty important for me.

Redsox forgot in his analysis that Gonzalez used to play PF for the Storm and naturally moved over to cover for the injured Truong. :)

Yup. Not sure it would've mattered, as Bueno shot pretty well against Gonzalez (he might've been 2 below his season average, but that was a solid game), and Baker struggled mightily against Goodwin.

I just checked the play-by-play... I was up by 5 at the half, and by 6 with five minutes to play. But we only hit one FG in the last 7 minutes (which was a 3 from Baker to pull it to 76-74). That great defense just pummeled us down the stretch.

Pittsburgh is having another ho-hum season. Meddling along at 8-5 with a PR of 101. The next two years should be a little more promising as I don't really lose any key players. These next 2 recruiting classes will be pretty important for me.

Yeah, I'm at a sort of similar spot. I'll be replacing 2 N/As and a backup this cycle and next cycle, so there's really nowhere for my program to go but up. It's a pretty great feeling, isn't it? #optimismforeverybody

Edit: I realized just now that, just like Bz, I'm throwing some players under the bus here. HEY, ANTONIO BRINSON AND ETON VELASQUEZ: IF YOU'RE READING THIS, YOU'RE GONNA BE N/A NEXT YEAR. FEEL FREE TO TRANSFER; YOU ASSHATS SUCK.

Last edited:
Clearly I suck at this game. Second time this season the same team has given me my worst loss in 5 seasons. My team should be better than previous years, but anytime I play a good team, they have players do things like go 7/8 from 3 point land. The score was 42-39 at halftime. After 10 minutes of the second half it was 73-48. That seems absurd. My team goes through fits of not being able to score, even though I have a +11 shoot as a team.

Ugh - if I lose all 3 recruiting ties, I will throw my computer.

Clearly I suck at this game. Second time this season the same team has given me my worst loss in 5 seasons. My team should be better than previous years, but anytime I play a good team, they have players do things like go 7/8 from 3 point land. The score was 42-39 at halftime. After 10 minutes of the second half it was 73-48. That seems absurd. My team goes through fits of not being able to score, even though I have a +11 shoot as a team.

Ugh - if I lose all 3 recruiting ties, I will throw my computer.

You need to stop employing the [Redacted] offense!

Dearborn - 97
Bloomington - 71

wow, that was a huge game for us and the team came out ready to play. my "big 3" are really clicking and i just wish they had better defense...we would be very good. 27pts for Coyne, 24pts for Schott, Player of the Game James had 18/8 and the bench didn't screw up too bad. gosh, my SOPH class really sucks...they make me wish i could put 3 players on NA.

Frankfort avenged an earlier loss to Paducah with a decisive 88-63 win. The loss was the last with the old lineup, and the new lineup has yet to lose. Our bench almost outscored our starters, 42-48. Edrick Sweeney led all scorers with 16 pts in 18 minutes. We crushed them on the boards 38-22 which led to +14 FGA. Bob Lindstrom had 12 boards and 12 pts.

Simstats has not been updated, but Eric Bateman has broken into the Top 10 career assists at FU - currently #7, and he's only a Jr. He projects to finish #2 behind Hanno Lear.

Flagstaff 93
Santa Fe 68

Nice game for my boys in Flagstaff tonight, our defense has really stepped up of late. Santa Fe has the third best talent in the conference and have very good Freshmen and Sophomores but my team has really handed it to them twice this season. We shot the ball really well, going 42-75 as a team, with Paul Livingston being the offensive star, going for 26 on 11/17 shooting. Steve Malone probably had his best game of the year, going 7/9 from the field with 5 boards and 4 steals to boot. My team is having a field day creating TO's this season, my SG and PG are #s 2 and 3 in the country in steals/game, so you know my guys are getting out in transition this season. Probably have my best team of athletes ever this season as well, and it certainly has worked. I sort of expected a down year this cycle but this team continues to impress at every turn. IF we can hand it to conference foe Yuma on friday like we did in our first meeting this team will have made a believer out of me.

Now if only I could get my L15 team to stop emploding 2 weeks before the NTT.....

For you math wizards, what are my odds of getting at least 1 of the following 3 guys
2/2 G win - PRs (me 3/5/10, 4/24/83, 28/26/28)
9/9 P P F (total toss up)
2/2 E- win PRs (me 3/5/10, 51/34/90, 20/83/111)

Travis Howard

The recruiting battle for super stud Travis Howard is going to be an interesting one. Figured I would post it here for comparison later and for those curious.

Travis Howard #2
PG for Hot Springs
E scouted, E-G+G-G-__F
Storm Rating: 14.50
Prefs: P+ (R19), P+, F (6'6)
30.9 ppg, 2.2 apg, 1.8 stl

Currently Travis is a 9/9 recruit with an interesting mix of teams on him.

Team (Region, # Players+/- 2",Avg PR 3 year)
Stockton R28, 2, 27.3 aPR
Boca Raton R13, 3, 7.55 aPR
Shawnee R26, 3, 25.65 aPR
Louisville R19, 4, 65.6 aPR
Green Bay R15 , 4, 109.95 aPR
Fort Worth R25, 5, 4.5 aPR
Harrisburg R2, 5, 145.9 aPR
Ft. Lauderdale R9 , 6, 19.6 aPR
Syracuse R5, 6, 29.9 aPR
Paducah R18, 6, 71.4 aPR

I ordered these by Impact (# players) then Avg PR. Louisville is the only local team on him.

Any guesses to my odds? 10%? :) He's be an awesome replacement for Erin Atkins!

Last edited:
The recruiting battle for super stud Travis Howard is going to be an interesting one. Figured I would post it here for comparison later and for those curious.

Travis Howard #2
PG for Hot Springs
E scouted, E-G+G-G-__F
Storm Rating: 14.50
Prefs: P+ (R19), P+, F (6'6)
30.9 ppg, 2.2 apg, 1.8 stl

Currently Travis is a 9/9 recruit with an interesting mix of teams on him.

Any guesses to my odds? 10%? :) He's be an awesome replacement for Erin Atkins!

If you manage to replace Atkins with Howard, I think I might explode.

haha...you guys that win big ties drive me crazy!

greedy SOBs...leave some for the rest of us that have to dig through the remains!

I sent scrimmages to storm, tau, and awaken to test out a new lineup. I'm doing alright, but I don't think my team is NTT ready with the current lineup. I loaded up with depth at SF and C which has paid off with good production. However, I'm getting under 10 ppg from the SG position. I'm getting 13/9 from the PF spot but my Sr bC is having a solid season and could give me more production at PF. So for tonight's big game against #2 Kalamazoo, I moved my Sr SF (20/5) to SG and moved my bSF (16/5 per 30 min) to SF. I also moved my Sr bC (9/9 per 30 to PF) to replace my Fr PF (10/6). This is a risk because stud C Scotty Ruffin has had a few games with foul trouble or just low production all together.

haha...you guys that win big ties drive me crazy!

greedy SOBs...leave some for the rest of us that have to dig through the remains!

I haven't won anything and even though I had the clear lead on Pate a few seasons ago, I didn't win. As Awaken likes to say, you can't win without a ticket. :p

I sent scrimmages to storm, tau, and awaken to test out a new lineup. I'm doing alright, but I don't think my team is NTT ready with the current lineup. I loaded up with depth at SF and C which has paid off with good production. However, I'm getting under 10 ppg from the SG position. I'm getting 13/9 from the PF spot but my Sr bC is having a solid season and could give me more production at PF. So for tonight's big game against #2 Kalamazoo, I moved my Sr SF (20/5) to SG and moved my bSF (16/5 per 30 min) to SF. I also moved my Sr bC (9/9 per 30 to PF) to replace my Fr PF (10/6). This is a risk because stud C Scotty Ruffin has had a few games with foul trouble or just low production all together.

Accepted

For you math wizards, what are my odds of getting at least 1 of the following 3 guys
2/2 G win - PRs (me 3/5/10, 4/24/83, 28/26/28)
9/9 P P F (total toss up)
2/2 E- win PRs (me 3/5/10, 51/34/90, 20/83/111)

Your odds to NOT land any are ~40%. So you are looking at i'd say 65% or better you land at least one guy.

Back