• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Online Virtual Coach Simulation

excited for our regular season matchup, you have rose a lot lately so it will be a good barometer on how far my Jersey team has to go. I am worried about D
That final score might be 130-129. I'm excited, too. I considered myself lucky to get by you last year in the Evansville/Odessa matchup. Jersey City looks solid this year.

RSF, you think you finally take the plunge and join us in the big boy end of year tourney? :p
Honestly, anything less than a Sweet 16 would be a disappointment right now. But that's obviously a big step to make, and I obviously have some weaknesses (athleticism, some lineup questions, elite D). I think I have the scoring punch to beat almost anybody on any given night, but being uptempo might undermine me from time to time. We'll see, I guess.

Just looked at the schedule: Cincy, Worcester, and New Haven as my first three non-con. The schedule-makers really don't like me as we also have Flint and Sioux Falls as our other non-cons. Looks like we'll need to win c21 to go dancing.

And Cincy has the easy task of replacing a +7/-2 class aaaaaaand somehow fails. I am giving myself one more year, or else I just can't figure this thing out.

I pm'ed kmoney re the schedule. Hopefully it will be fixed on Monday.

Yes, thank you for that. Both of my teams Jersey City, and Odessa, got their schedules screwed up, so on both of them I do not have any exhibition or regular season slots for those 6 games. Thanks for the help awaken

And Cincy has the easy task of replacing a +7/-2 class aaaaaaand somehow fails. I am giving myself one more year, or else I just can't figure this thing out.

Just to cheer you up, I sent you that scrimmage request.

And by "cheer you up", I mean "to further demoralize you". ;)

Swooper is a complete ass.

BB-swooper72: Boca Raton is going south.
» In a few years you can play in Cuba
BB-swooper72: we will consider you in december, when we plan to stay for 4 weeks in vacation.

BB-stormfury: great, we'll take your $

BB-swooper72: 1% of my dollars. sounds fair as you are 1% of the coach i am.

I love how he's taking some satisfaction that the NTT championship was won by a C4 team, as if it reflects on Philly in some way. Even said Philly and Wilmington had more talent, but smed coached his better. Alrighty then. Can you imagine a Deacon feeling that way about UNC or Dook? You just have to laugh.

Yeah, I love to hate him. Keeps things interesting, and I love it when he falls. Pure enjoyment helping DiV beat him in the NTT. Glad he's in the DeACCon - everyone needs a villain.

Haha exactly how I feel. He's won a ton of ties recently, and that's coming from someone who's won more than his fair share of ties.

I love how he's taking some satisfaction that the NTT championship was won by a C4 team, as if it reflects on Philly in some way. Even said Philly and Wilmington had more talent, but smed coached his better. Alrighty then. Can you imagine a Deacon feeling that way about UNC or Dook? You just have to laugh.

Swooper's douchiness aside, I think this raises an interesting question. I haven't been around for long but of the half-dozen or so NTT's I've seen between L7 and elsewhere, Kalamazoo and New Haven had the least talent by the mags of any finalists, by far. They are currently ranked 33 and 34 respectively. I've seen higher seeds in the finals, but I don't think I've seen any other finalists with worse than top 12-15 talent. I'd be curious to hear others' thoughts on how two of them made the finals here, or on how the 34th most talented team in the league won the NTT w/ every game by double digits.

Personally, I would ascribe it partly to parity (as L7 is the most highly coached league I coach in) and partly to luck and partly to the mags being far from perfect talent evaluators, but I feel like there has to be more to it. Anyone with any ideas on what that might be?

Boca had the task of replacing a 4/4 +18 class in today's signing day and we've successfully replaced 2/3 of that with a 50/36 +13/-1 class.

Gordon Sumner +5/-1 - He isn't one to rebound but Sumner should step in at either PG or SG this season and be a great compliment to Jake Evans in the back court. Sumner shot over 50% from the field last season and 48% from deep.

Warren Burch +4 - Not surprised SSC was off on this one but Burch has the tools to be a very solid PG in his career. He shot over 50% as a senior and just under 50% from deep.

Fritz Rice +4 - A solid defensive player, Rice should see minutes off the bench. I really had hoped to land McCord to play SF but Rice has the tools he could potentially fill that role.

All in all a decent class that should help fill in depth and the holes left by our graduating seniors.

Thanks - I do feel more demoralized already!

Just for laughs, and so you guys can snicker, the illustrious 194/236 class is......

Harold Henry FEPGFF - figured his 3.3 would get him a G intelligence and was hoping his E- reboUnding would come in at E. alas, what I thought was going to be a +5/-1 guy comes in at +3 and is still the crown jewel of the class.

Sean McDaniel FGFFGF - 6'3" guy who is unfortunately going to man the backup SF role for me. Best case? He doesn't hurt me.

Shawn Vallary FFPFFF - 5'11" guard. This guy will never play, thank god. Instead, I will be having to start a 6'4" SG at bPF and a 6'8" guy at bC who is NFPGFF.

Thinking my starters will play 35+ minutes a game.

Any of you L15 guys zeroing in on max recruits yet? I believe i'm going big or going home trying to replace Lavon Dickinson and get some scoring in an attempt to replace him. I'll be going after:

Paul Lyons R16
Roger Slagle R4
Edward Currin R6
Manuel Osborne R18

Last edited:
Pittsburgh picked up their best recruiting class so far. Ranked 30/31. Here are the players we picked up:

SG Pedro Parker: EFFFGG
SF Bradley Lively: GFFGFF
PF Simon Gonzalez: GGFGFF

Nothing too crazy but guys who I think can at least contribute. In a week conference 3 thats really all that takes to win as well. Maybe I will move up from my annual 16 seed in the NTT

Swooper's douchiness aside, I think this raises an interesting question. I haven't been around for long but of the half-dozen or so NTT's I've seen between L7 and elsewhere, Kalamazoo and New Haven had the least talent by the mags of any finalists, by far. They are currently ranked 33 and 34 respectively. I've seen higher seeds in the finals, but I don't think I've seen any other finalists with worse than top 12-15 talent. I'd be curious to hear others' thoughts on how two of them made the finals here, or on how the 34th most talented team in the league won the NTT w/ every game by double digits.

Personally, I would ascribe it partly to parity (as L7 is the most highly coached league I coach in) and partly to luck and partly to the mags being far from perfect talent evaluators, but I feel like there has to be more to it. Anyone with any ideas on what that might be?

That's the great thing about this game is it is not just straight up "most talented" team wins. "Worse" teams have won championships (avg top 50 classes). The class rankings/ratings are not absolute, and even if they were, they do not account for things like chemistry, match-ups, and some of the intangible categories. There is also a luck factor - the random number generator can smile on you. New Haven's calling card this year was creating turnovers - they led the league. And they happened to face teams they could exploit. Could be a team they could not exploit as much was on the other side of the bracket.

Back