• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OPEC asks US to cut oil production?

ImTheCaptain

I disagree with you
Reaction score
hmmm

OPEC has asked a favor of other major producers: Please stop pumping so much and help us balance the market.

The unusual plea was issued Thursday in the cartel's closely-watched monthly report, which found that global markets are still suffering from too much supply.

The report said that balancing the market would "require the collective efforts of all oil producers" and should be done "not only for the benefit of the individual countries, but also for the general prosperity of the world economy."

OPEC said that one producer in particular is to blame: The U.S., where shale producers have continued to ramp up their drilling despite lower crude prices.

Energy diversity is energy security.

Energy security is a strategic weapon.

I've been saying for years that we should demand CAFE standards in the US double and that all vehicles be counted into the regs. The technology exists.

We should have all new government buildings be built to use renewable energy and set a time frame to refit as many existing as possible.

All new housing starts should include renewable power in the deep south, southwest and far west. In other areas this should be studied.

This would eliminate our need for oil from any other country. It would create millions of new jobs and our people would create new technologies that world would use.

If not for the greed and control of our government by the oil industry, we'd be well on our way by now. Hell, if we had started in the 90s, we might be there already and having another economic boom.

OPEC is losing money because they've jacked up output in order to lower prices and slow down American energy production, and now they want us to voluntarily slow down production?

EAT A D

Last edited:
There was a really good documentary on the history of oil about a decade or 2 ago I believe called "The Prize". Worth the watch if you haven't seen it. The WW2 and rise of OPEC parts were particularly interesting.

There was a really good documentary on the history of oil about a decade or 2 ago I believe called "The Prize". Worth the watch if you haven't seen it. The WW2 and rise of OPEC parts were particularly interesting.

Based on a monster of a book. Close to 1000 pages if I remember correctly.

But a great in-depth look at how oil has shaped many of the major events of the last 100 years.

Back