• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Open the Gate

Yes, our LA late arriving (or never arriving) fans are conspicuous.

Maybe we should have a name the urinals contest to get butts in those seats.

Please tell me we didn't serve one of the greatest sports figures in history, the man who defined modern golf and one hell of a decent person....
Ovations catering. Or did we limit Mr. Palmer to only one steak?

Arnold Palmer seems like a cool dude. I want to believe something's happened with this team after Clemson- maybe a team meeting where they cleared the air? This team is like night and day to how we looked at the start of the season.

Arnold Palmer seems like a cool dude. I want to believe something's happened with this team after Clemson- maybe a team meeting where they cleared the air? This team is like night and day to how we looked at the start of the season.

I agree. Something changed. Hope the change continues. These guys almost have me believing...almost.

The Maryland fans gave Arnie a standing ovation. The man is loved.

Please tell me we didn't serve one of the greatest sports figures in history, the man who defined modern golf and one hell of a decent person....
Ovations catering. Or did we limit Mr. Palmer to only one steak?

yes they did if he sat in the tower. It used to be that each order was cooked to order but this last game, during halftime they had about 20 entrees under the warming lights. What a bad decision to switch vendors. The food now sucks.

I agree. Something changed. Hope the change continues. These guys almost have me believing...almost.

IIRC, I read somewhere a mention there was a seniors - coaches meeting sometime around, +-, the Army game. Things seemed better afterward.

Campanero mentioned in a post game interview with Dave Goren that there was some type of players only meeting recently that may have sparked some type of change.

Campanero mentioned in a post game interview with Dave Goren that there was some type of players only meeting recently that may have sparked some type of change.

[video=youtube;4xmckWVPRaI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4xmckWVPRaI[/video]

Secretly obtained video of said meeting.

images

To say Arnie is a cool dude, is a massive understatement.

Arnie is awesome.

Also the change is obvious: Elrod is exerting far more influence on offensive playcalling than Lobo.

Arnie is awesome.

Also the change is obvious: Elrod is exerting far more influence on offensive playcalling than Lobo.

You know if that is true and the improvement on offense is night and day, then I really don't understand how Grobe could continue after this season to keep Lobo in the OC position. He's not going to fire Lobo we all know that, but if Elrod is basically calling the plays and we've had that much improvement then Elrod needs to be moved to OC and Lobo can be associate head coach or whatever title Grobe could give him so it won't seem like a demotion.

Back