• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Opening on the road

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
conor posted on Twitter that we have opened acc play on the road 9 straight years. How does that happen?

I don’t really care about this tbh. We play the same number of away games no matter when they occur. Not to mention, if we happen to be good it’s better to have those home games when students are actually around.

Even if you think it is a good thing it seems strange?
I don’t think it’s a good thing. It’s neither good or bad. It just is. Yeah it’s strange but maybe we ask for this. Similar to why we don’t play that many home games in football the last week of the season bc attendance sucks.

I mean for instance having to play a road game against Clemson on a Friday when we played a late night road game in Wisconsin on a tuesday night while they played a home game seems like unfortunate scheduling.

the two conference home games we play this december are literally during xmas break.

Scheduling is not random. Why is dook playing BC in game 1? You will never see dook unc/uva in dec.

Fairer scheduling would have flipped the home games. Wake should have hosted after the trip to Wisconsin. Clemson was home for the Penn State game. They should have made the trip to W-S so Wake could fairly recuperate from the trip back from Madison.

Definitely weird, but couldn’t this sort of be spun as a good thing, insofar as people might not yet be in basketball mode and/or even realize conference bball play has even started yet (especially for fanbases of football-first schools, like the one we just played)? In other words, I’d rather play at Clemson in the thick of football season than in late January or whatever.

Really doesn't matter when we play at clem's son.

Mark the L down in pen. :(

Not worth complaining about. We opened on the road at VT a year ago and it was one of the best wins of the season.

Definitely weird, but couldn’t this sort of be spun as a good thing, insofar as people might not yet be in basketball mode and/or even realize conference bball play has even started yet (especially for fanbases of football-first schools, like the one we just played)? In other words, I’d rather play at Clemson in the thick of football season than in late January or whatever.
Apparently it doesn’t matter when we play them.

Back