• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Opera House for sale

I think my dad has told me that he used to go to that place when he was at Wake in the late 50s/early 60s right after WF moved to Winston. Wondering about the "established in 1980" reference.

i have a lot of good memories of that place from law school. And a few good stories about things I did there of which I have no memory. It was the bar of choice for most of my law school career, because downtown Winston had not happened yet at all back then.

All of this. No matter where the night started, it almost always ended at Opera House.

oh look this thread is trying to turn into a best bar debate.

i don't live in winston but

there's single bros and then everyone else

RIP old rec billiards

I'm as nastalgic as the next person, but the new Rec Billiards blows the shitty old one out of the water. And I spent a good deal of time in there in the late 80s/early 90s.

By "old rec billiards" Townie means the circa 2010 rec. I grew up walking past the former bar, and I wouldn't have stepped foot in there for real money. I also was well-underage.

By "old rec billiards" Townie means the circa 2010 rec. I grew up walking past the former bar, and I wouldn't have stepped foot in there for real money. I also was well-underage.

2010 Rec was fun... guess I haven't been recently.

Bull's, Small Batch, Single Bros, and WEOH are my favorites.

Percentage rent is customary for restaurants, but not bars?

For a mom and pop bar in a strip center? No, I wouldn't think percentage rent would be charged. And i wouldn't necessarily call it customary in restaurants either. Common, but not customary.

Almost universal in retail but not so much in food/beverage.

No. It's not anything like almost universal. You are completely wrong on this.

50 cents for a cold Busch beer at 80s Rec's.

Get $5 from the Wachovia ATM on campus, round up the posse around 3 pm and you are in bidness!!! Stumble over to the O-Pit after pool.

Fuck the "new" Rec's

Went to WEOH for some drinks tonight. still dope.

That's an old bar. It was not new in the mid to late nineties. It had an ok Wake crowd then (just ok) but other options have popped up. I'm sure it has seen its day. Put your money elsewhere.

Is this still a thing? I will bring cash to the table!

Back