• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Opponents View Of Wake Football

Grobe is a fantastic coach. He takes 2 and 3 star players, makes many of them into 4 and 5 star college players, they make the nfl and then they unfortunately play like 2 and 3 star players again once they've left his system. He does it by getting them to buy into a team first philosophy, coaching them up, putting them into a very underrated s&c program, and putting them into a position to excel on the field. He knows exactly what he's doing. The list of players that follow this pattern is extensive: phonso, curry, skinner, arnoux, Vaughn, wilber, Moore, bush, etc. These players are very fortunate to have been a part of Grobe's system, as it has made them a lot of money.

For my money he's one of the best coaches in the country and second best in the ACC behind Beamer. I think Grobe's recruiting could be better, but from a coaching standpoint he's one of the best and any college player would be lucky to play for him.
Facepalm

Grobe is a fantastic coach. He takes 2 and 3 star players, makes many of them into 4 and 5 star college players, they make the nfl and then they unfortunately play like 2 and 3 star players again once they've left his system. He does it by getting them to buy into a team first philosophy, coaching them up, putting them into a very underrated s&c program, and putting them into a position to excel on the field. He knows exactly what he's doing. The list of players that follow this pattern is extensive: phonso, curry, skinner, arnoux, Vaughn, wilber, Moore, bush, etc. These players are very fortunate to have been a part of Grobe's system, as it has made them a lot of money.

For my money he's one of the best coaches in the country and second best in the ACC behind Beamer. I think Grobe's recruiting could be better, but from a coaching standpoint he's one of the best and any college player would be lucky to play for him.

You must have missed the FSU game last year.

If Grobe makes 2 and 3 star players into 4 and 5 star players, Brian Kelly makes 4 and 5 star players into 6 and 7 star players.

Given our level of competitiveness at ND last year, that's clearly the only answer

Back