• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Option QB?

Mule

Reaction score
Tanner Price is not much of a option QB. Maybe he did it in high school this is a different level.

"He did it in high school" is one of the dumbest things people say about college QBs.

An option QB doesn't do much good if you don't run an actual option. We just run a pitch play.

Didn't he break Drew Brees's passing records at Westlake? I don't think he ran the option, no.

This option offense continues to impress.

Mule, looks like Rich Textor (the Plow Horse) pitching to Chet Lawson in high school.

This option offense continues to impress.

Yo Joey, this is obvious to me. I'm a business man. Price running the option is like Oprah staring in a playboy spread.

So this is the offense that we closed practice to conceal? What a joke.

So this is the offense that we closed practice to conceal? What a joke.

We didn't have a real Spring Game to conceal this offense.

This offense is just confirmation that we do not have adequate talent to compete. The option can be an equalizer to bridge the talent gap, but it requires a quarterback with the skills to run it, a dedicated offensive line and mistake free execution.

This offense is just confirmation that we do not have adequate talent to compete. The option can be an equalizer to bridge the talent gap, but it requires a quarterback with the skills to run it, a dedicated offensive line and mistake free execution.

Or is it confirmation that we 're misusing the talent we do have?

Tanner has some talent but not as an option QB.

Or is it confirmation that we 're misusing the talent we do have?

Tanner has some talent but not as an option QB.

I sadly think it is lack of talent. We are last in recruiting every year. Even Duke out recruits us consistently. Grobe has historically gotten great effort out of his team, but that fire has disappeared. When we played Florida State and NC State last year, it looked like men against boys....I want to be wrong about this....

We're not actually running the option. We're running some modified garbage where Tanner pitches the ball too early before he even digs deep enough to get the defensive end to commit. Furthermore when he pitches the ball, half the time the running back is just going directly towards the sideline. Even when we do mix it up and throw in an "option," where the guy in motion gets the ball, he's running directly parallel to the end zone. It takes so much time to turn the corner, mixed in with the fact that we run it to the weak side an inexplicably high number of times, that we hardly ever get yards. Hell it took an incredible effort my Camp on 4th and 1 to get the first by reversing field when Lobo called a god damn wide receiver sweep. When has running the ball towards the sideline ever been the better answer on 4th and 1? And on another note why did we come out in the shotgun on 3rd and goal from the 1 after the blocked punt? What the fuck was that?

I thought Tanner ran a little option in high school. Not that it really matters, his decision-making in our run offense is atrocious.

Poor LOWF

We didn't have a real Spring Game to conceal this offense.

I'm starting to think that we didn't have the spring game because we looked so fucking bad on offense. After last night can you imagine how we must have looked 4 months ago?

In the future I'd rather go ahead and see how bad we are ahead of time so I'm a little more prepared for the season. Yeah, I was pretty sure that our new offense would be classic Lobo, but I was blown away by how bad we really were. Just unbelievable. I could have used some scrimmages to prepare for it.

We're not actually running the option. We're running some modified garbage where Tanner pitches the ball too early before he even digs deep enough to get the defensive end to commit. Furthermore when he pitches the ball, half the time the running back is just going directly towards the sideline. Even when we do mix it up and throw in an "option," where the guy in motion gets the ball, he's running directly parallel to the end zone. It takes so much time to turn the corner, mixed in with the fact that we run it to the weak side an inexplicably high number of times, that we hardly ever get yards. Hell it took an incredible effort my Camp on 4th and 1 to get the first by reversing field when Lobo called a god damn wide receiver sweep. When has running the ball towards the sideline ever been the better answer on 4th and 1? And on another note why did we come out in the shotgun on 3rd and goal from the 1 after the blocked punt? What the fuck was that?

I thought Tanner ran a little option in high school. Not that it really matters, his decision-making in our run offense is atrocious.

Yes, it is a modified option and we run it poorly. Sadly, Grobe knows the option well, so he knows how to coach it. We can't execute.

Back